What surgery should I get? (Photo)

My face is asymmetrical and it's effecting my self confidence severely. One eye is larger, my nostrils are uneven and even my upper lip is uneven. I'm most worried about my eyes, could you recommend what procedures would help?

What surgery should I get?

Thank you for question.

How the Rhinoplasty operation is performed?

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

In the operation that needs the bone and cartilage tissues to be involved; open approach is used. In the procedures with open approach, the size, shape and functionality of the nose can be improved. The big nasal bumps can be removed and septal deviations can be corrected providing a better nasal airway.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thanks for your question. Facial asymmetry is shared among everyone to a certain degree. Without in-person examination it is impossible to tell what kind of procedures could benefit you. Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

How do we deal with facial symmetry?

First, all humans, including faces, are asymmetrical. This is normal, although some faces possess more differences than others. When differences are more apparent, then a number of different techniques can sometimes help. This includes surgical implants, injectable fillers,  occasionally Botox/Dysport and sometimes even unilateral surgical procedures.   A consultation with an experienced and hopefully artistically inclined surgeon can help you understand your best choices at this stage in your life. For the time being it may be reassuring  to embrace your normal human asymmetries!  

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical face

Keep in mind that some facial asymmetry is normal. To better evaluate your face and determine what procedures might benefit you, a physical examination during an in-person consultation is highly recommended as the first step. With that said, based on the photos you sent (which may be distorted), my initial thought is a right lower lid tightening may help.

Good luck!

Facial asymmetry - what to do?

Thank you for your question, and for the photo.

Facial asymmetry is one of the most common reasons for a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  Sometimes, this takes the form of a nasal asymmetry, or an asymmetry of  the eyelids, or other parts of the face.  The decision as to what to do depends largely on the degree of asymmetry and exactly what structures are affected.

Some types of facial asymmetry can be corrected, others cannot.  While the photo you posted is a place to start, it's not comprehensive enough to determine what is the best option.  Additionally, the photo appears to have been taken with a wide angle lens, such as is commonly found on a phone - these are notorious for distorting facial proportions and giving a false impression of the actual shape of the face.

Ultimately, you would be best-served by a face-to-face consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate your facial proportions and listen to your particular concerns, and then come up with a plan of action for how to address those.

Facial asymmetries

Before seeking ANY intervention for your face, I think it is important to recognize that no human being is perfectly symmetrical.  In fact, if you were make a perfect mirror image of your face or even a celebrity you know well, the result is odd and unnatural.  You do have some asymmetries but these are very subtle.  And for your apparent age, I would take the "less is more" approach.  Adding volume to your cheeks and area under the eyes can help lift the cheek and lower lid complex, providing better balance to your face.  In addition, I think you may have a mild/early left upper eyelid ptosis, but this is mild.  I would recommend visiting with a board certified facial plastic, plastic or oculoplastic surgeon in your area to hear their opinion during a personal consultation.  Let their opinion and experience guide you for what your next option should be.  

Christian L. Stallworth, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon