Reading Glasses 10 months post op?

I've heard it can take up to a year, even more to completely he's from your rhinoplasty. I am 10 months post op and still hesitant to wear my reading glasses, though everything feels great, I am just nervous and do not want to ruin anything.

Glasses 10 months post op Rhinoplasty

I advise my patients to not wear their glasses for at least one week following rhinoplasty surgery. Please check also with your plastic surgeon on their specific post operative care instructions.

Best of luck in your continued recovery!

Reading Glasses 10 months post op?

Thank you for your question. In some patients it can take up to a year to completly heal from a Rhinoplasty, but i dont think that wearing your glasses will affect the outcome of the surgery at this point. Consult with your surgeon about this concern.

Franco R. Jacome, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Reading glasses after rhinoplasty

The bones take about 6 weeks to heal - so 10 months after your rhinoplasty you should be in pretty good shape to start using your reading glasses. That being said, it may not be a bad idea to ask your operating surgeon just to make sure that there were no particular maneuvers performed on your nasal dorsum that they may be worried about.  I hope you are enjoying your new nose! Best of luck. 

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reading glasses 10 months after rhinoplasty

In my opinion, it should be fine to wear reading glasses or even regular glasses 10 months after a rhinoplasty.  This should not cause any harm to the nose or the healing after rhinoplasty.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon