Still numb but having more lipo; will my feeling eventually come back?

I am 10 months post op from my mommy makeover and I am having more lipo in 2 months. Do you think this is a wise decision? Will my feeling eventually come back?

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

I find that a vaser hi definition contouring procedure is best post tummy tuck to get the contour and shape as well as fat reduction.  cellulite can also be treated.  please see a VASER HI DEF 4D sculpting certified physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Numbness after body contouring surgery

Our bodies have millions of tiny sensory nerves in the skin that detect feeling.  During body contouring surgery some of these nerves are cut, bruised or damaged.  Nerves regenerate very slowly, it takes about 9 months to a year for them to regenerate.  If you have persistent numbness after 10 months, with no improvement, then the numbness is probably permanent.  Any further surgery will not improve the previous numbness and the risk of new numb areas will still be there.  Usually, with liposuction alone the nerves are just bruised and a return to full sensation is likely.  With the previous tummy tuck, the nerves are actually transected (cut) and they may not ever regenerate.Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Feeling

If you have a tummy tuck as part of your mommy makeover, you may have numbness. Usually with liposuction, the sensation returns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Hello a pleasure to be able to give response to your question am the doctor Franklin de Jesus.

Para publicar una abdominoplastia puede ser una somnolencia normal, especialmente en la parte baja y central del abdomen, pero no permanecerá de manera constante para cualquier más de tres a seis meses. Cuando esto ocurre de manera permanente es porque inmediatamente quirúrgica de un deslizamiento prolongado de abdomen podría haberse dado cuenta de heridas pequeñas ramas nerviosas que inervaban toda esta zona. En las modernas tecnologías de abdominoplastia grandes deslizamientos no se realizan para evitar estas complicaciones.

Ningún procedimiento de abdominoplastia o de lipoescultura será capaz de resolver este problema.

Un nuevo lipoescultura podría mejorar de grilletes considerables al contorno del cuerpo, pero no la somnolencia causada por una abdominoplastia previa en la que produjo un deslizamiento extendido a sí misma. Att. El Dr. Franklin de Jesús.

Franklin De Jesus, MD

Numbness and liposuction

Numbness from liposuction can be long lasting.  If a tummy tuck was performed as well, some of this feeling may not return.   Additional liposuction will likely not effect the numbness over the long term; however, if there is scar tissue in the area to be liposuctioned, there may be longer term swelling and numbness from this.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon