How long should you wait before going back for a Brazilian butt lift, after having a full tummy tuck with lipo to flanks?

I'm planning to have a mommy makeover soon which will include a full tummy tuck, lipo to flanks to be grafted to hips, and breast lift and augmentation. The more I see others results with the BBL, the more I would like to have a BBL as well. It's been suggested to me to do the BBL first, but I'm still on the fence about that procedure. I don't have a flat bum now, so questioning if it's needed, while the tummy tuck and breasts are a must for me.

I would consider having the procedures done at the same time with an expert at combination procedures.  If you are going to wait, you should probably wait 3 months or longer.

Hello Shy.Vixen - Thanks for your question. For the answer to this question, it is best that you ask your surgeon. That being said. Aggressive liposuction to the flank and lateral abdominal wall during a tummy tuck, plus lateral hip fat transfer may get you plenty of shape. This would reduce your need for a regular BBL. I do agree that doing a BBL first (if you feel a BBL is necessary) makes sense because maximum fat can be removed safely to get the best BBL outcome. Any loose skin over the abdominal wall could be treated later on with the tummy tuck. I recommend that you consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

BBL following abdominal plasty

Most likely you should wait at least six months between the procedures.

The issue becomes liposuction in areas that are still healing.

Any areas that I've had previous liposuction will have scar tissue that requires six months to soften up.

For patients were not overweight it can be difficult to obtain enough fat for a proper Brazilian after an abdominal plasty. Especially if liposuction was done in conjunction with the abdominal plasty.

If you're interested in a Brazilian you should not allow fat to be harvested and thrown away from previous liposuction procedures.

The strategy of this is very independent based on age plastic surgeon and the overall body shape, wait and other factors of individual patients.

From my perspective it's generally always better to do liposuction with fat transfer prior to a abdominoplasty.

Mini plastic surgeons are also reluctant to perform aggressive liposuction in conjunction with an abdominoplasty.

By having liposuction the first patients can at times become even better candidates for a full abdominoplasty.

Talk to your plastic surgeon to see what he or she recommends.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Nothing is NEEDED. This is all what you want to do. If is easier for us to give advice with photos. I do recommend that if you get all of the procedures done, you should to the BBL before the tummy tuck or at the same time if you are a candidate as you do not want to throw any fat away. 

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

Assuming that you are in overall good health and cleared for surgery by your primary care doctor, these procedures can be performed together.  If you would prefer to stage them, I would recommend waiting 6 months between procedures for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for your question.  One of the reasons to have BBL first is to be able to use the fat from your flanks for grafting it to the buttocks. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Combo Surgeries

Thank you for your question. It is very common for a tummy tuck with lipo to happen at the same time as a BBL as well as breast surgeries. Next step is to schedule a re-consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and goals.