Is my incision color normal? (Photo)

I went yesterday for my one week follow up. My PS said everything is looking good and that I am healing well. My tt incision as well as my new belly button seem to be black. He didn't seem concerned about this. Is this normal? I have another appt with him next week.

You seem to be healing well based on your photo and the darker areas may be where scabs have formed. Continue to follow the advice of your PS.

El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Is my incision color normal?

From your photo it seems you are healing well. Conitnue to follow up with your surgeon as directed. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Is my incision color normal

Thank you for your question. Looks like you are healing well from picture. Please follow your PS instructions.

Incision color normal

Thank you for your answers and question. with evaluation of your photos everything look well and healing very well, however do follow up with your surgeon during you follow up. 

Incision Healing Appears Normal

Hi kjespersen, and thank you for this question. Based on your photo, I agree with your surgeon that the appearance of the incision and the belly button are no reason for concern. At one week you seem to be healing nicely, and the darker appearance of the incision could be because it is beginning to form a scab. Your results look good. It's appropriate to contact your plastic surgeon's office any time you have concerns about the healing process just for reassurance and peace of mind. Good luck during the rest of your recovery.

Mark E. Freeman, MD
Idaho Falls Plastic Surgeon

Incision Color

Your photos are a little dark, but your incisions appear to be healing well.

After a tummy tuck/abdominoplasty, the scars can take some time to heal. They may appear dark due to the healing process and scabbing that occurs. Day by day you will see the change in both scarring as well the results!

It is imperative that you seek the advice of a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and has extensive experience in tummy tuck / abdominoplasty.

I wish you the best.

Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

Looking good

Based solely on your photos, you seem to be healing nicely. The darker areas may be from scabbing. Continue to follow your surgeon's advice. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Tummy tuck

For one week out, even though the picture is dark, it appears to be a normal healing scar.  Sometimes a bit of crusting forms at this point.  Just give it time, and make sure you stay in good contact with your surgeon.

David Dorfman, MD
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

Early result

Thanks for your inquiry, it is difficult to tell from the picture to evaluate, but incisions can have some discoloration  from dry blood, scab, or even glue.  The most important thing is to closely follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Good Luck.  

Is my incision color normal?

Hi, kjespersen.
Congratulations on your recent tummy tuck.
Based on your photo, your incision looks fine without evidence of infection.
Your abdominal incision and belly button incision may "seem to be black" due to dried up blood on the incisions.  Please continue following up with your plastic surgeon.  If you have any question or concern, it would be best to ask your plastic surgeon as he can examine your in-person.  I am sure your plastic surgeon would be more than happy to address your concern.
Good luck with your recovery!