When will my implants look even? 5 week post op.

Left side looks long especially when I bend over. Looks almost a cup size smaller. 339cc silicon under the muscle. Been massaging as instructed, still doesn't make a difference plus my cleavage looks off center. Even when I lay down the left seems to flatten out. Wear sports bra 24/7. Love the right side, not the left so much. Been to PS he just says to keep massaging. I massage so hard sometimes the left hurts.

Asymmetry after implants

Thank you for your question.   A photo would be helpful to answer, but generally at 5 weeks your implants are still swollen and have some settling to do.  You will likely not see the final result until 3-6 months postop.  It is certainly normal to have some asymmetries between the breast, and sometimes this can be more noticeable after the implants.  Best to give it some time and follow your surgeon's instructions for now.  You can reassess the need for another procedure after 6 months. Good luck.  

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute