Looking for implant removal in Omaha area with local injection.

Wanting implants out. They are about 5 years old. Just don't want them anymore .looking for a doctor in the area that will just slice and pull them out. I feel this is a simple procedure and I don't need to be put rorys sleep for it. I have a high pain tolerance.

Implant removal - local anesthesia please.

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.
  • Actually, removing implants can be more complicated than you realize.
  • Like many other surgeons, I am reluctant to remove other surgeon's implants under local in the office -
  • One never knows what surprises exist that require general anesthesia to correct.
  • I tend not to remove saline implants under local anesthesia -unless there is clearly no capsule.  
  • I tend not to remove gel implants under local anesthesia because they can be hard to remove and because I recommend removing the capsule, given the risk of cancer in the capsule. 
  • Often implant and capsule removal with a vertical breast lift are the best treatment.
  • I strongly suggest you find the best plastic surgeon you can in your area who will consider removing implants under local - then have a consultation and a recommendation of what operation is best for you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Implant removal

Thank you for your question. I routinely remove implants under local anesthetic. This possible  as long as you don't have a significant capsular contracture.  Best of luck!

Jon E. Rast, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done. Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
If all that is being done is removal of the implants (no capsule work)  then they may be safely and comfortably removed under local anesthesia for  a relatively calm patient. I generally individualize the type of anesthesia to be used based on the specific patient's  "personality" and  situation. Best wishes.