FEMMA-S procedure vs The New Ultimate Breast Lift technique & The Laser Bra?

What are the SIG. DIFF. BTW. the FEMMA-S procedure, The New Ultimate Breast Lift technique by Dr. Gary M. Horndeski of TX and & Laser Bra by Dr. Grant Stevens of CA. I am sure some of this is branding, but i am interested in the major DIFFERENCES in techniques. Looking for grade III moderate-severe breast ptosis and am trying to avoid a flat result and implants as well as minimalization of African-American Keloid scarring. TY!

Breast lift options

I am not familiar with the procedure performed by Dr. Stevens but interestingly enough I had a patient in the office today  who asked about the procedure performed by Dr.Horndeski.  I performed a brief review of the major plastic surgery journals and could not find an article published by Dr. Horndeski on his procedure. It is unfortunate that surgeons promote a procedure but choose not to publish their results of the details of their procedures for the rest of us to review so it makes it difficult for us to compare more traditional techniques with these newer techniques.

Ultimate Breast Lift

Dear Quitag,

I've had the honor of being the first surgeon that Dr. Horndeski has trained in his technique.  I am not all that familiar with the other techniques you mention.  I can say that Dr. Horndeski has developed a revolutionary technique to lift breasts that has never been done before.  Women who desire a lift of the breasts without implants should consider his technique in their research.  The ultimate breast lift can effectively give results that would have required me to use a vertical scar and place an implant before learning this technique, both of which most women in your situation wish to avoid.

Aloha,

Shim Ching, MD 

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Ultimate Breast Lift technique

I cannot speak for or against the other techniques honestly as I am not familiar with them. However, I can say that the UBL technique does not leave breasts flat and implants are not required for upper pole fullness. Results are longer lasting than vertical techniques because it does not rely on skin envelope alone to keep breasts in place. By placing a vertical incision in the lower pole, the breast typically bottoms out and does not hold its shape long term. It's an architecturally flawed design. I've had to revise vertical lifts and anchor reductions for years due to poor results to both myself and my patients. I determined there had to be a better way to reshape and lift the breast without the extra cost and complications associated with breast implants. I presented this method April 2nd at the ASAPS meeting this year. 
Kind regards,

Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Vertical breast lift technique is best

You are correct that there is plenty of marketing in plastic surgery and exaggerated claims. The best method of breast lifting is the vertical mastopexy because it provides the greatest lift and most conical lower poles. It also provides better maintenance of upper pole projection and less scarring than some other methods such as the old anchor scar. 

I commonly use small implants at the same time to get more upper pole fullness (implants do this very well). I have attached a link to this section of my website. I would recommend that you view plenty of before and after photos to make sure you are happy with the results before selecting a surgeon. I have attached a link to this part of my website so you can see some photos.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon