Would Kybella injections be needed for a double chin after a mini facelift? (Photo)

Would Kybella injections be needed for a double chin after a mini facelift?

Without examining you or seeing photos it is very difficult to give specific advice. If you are already having surgery in the area, it would probably make more sense to address the double chin directly with liposuction, but kybella could be an option if you don't want to do that. Its best to discuss with your surgeon directly as they will know what will work in your specific case better than the online community. 

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Mini Facelift Kybella

Mini facelifts typically do not do much for the neck.  Kybella is a usefull adjunct for the patient with excess fat and good skin quality.
Please use this information when consulting in person with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Mini Facelift Kybella

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Kybella after a mini facelift

Thank you for your question layres789. Kybella is the first and thus-far only FDA-approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. It is difficult to make an assessment without a formal exam. Some people may benefit from a Kybella treatment after a mini facelift. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Kybella after a mini facelift

Kybella after a facelift

I would suggest that you speak with your surgeon. I would think that your double chin would best be addressed with liposuction at the time of your facelift, but without seeing you or knowing the specifics of your case, impossible to give you any truly accurate advise. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella after a facelift

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kybella Can Eliminate Double Chin After Minilift

Mini Lifts typically do not address the area under the chin. If you still have submental fat after your mini lift, Kybella would be a good solution to eliminate it permanently. Please speak with your board-certified dermatologist about adding Kybella into your treatment.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

​ Kybella after another treatment

Thank you for your question. It really depends on your results from the facelift. It also depends on how much extra fat you have in the area. You have not submitted a photo so I’m not sure how the treatment area looks. Typically, mini face-lifts do not target the neck or the area below the chin. Please consult with your doctor. Kybella is a great injectable that destroys the fat cells under your chin. 

Bruce E. Katz, MD

​ Kybella after another treatment

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella and Mini-Face lift

Kybella is a fabulous way of dissolving the fat under the chin.  Without photos it is not possible to say in your particular case what you might need after your surgery.  I often recommend Thermage combined with Kybella for patients who have necks that need treatment but who do not prefer surgery.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella and Mini-Face lift