How long is the recovery of a nose job before you are able to go back to work?

I am a male transitioning towards a new exciting adventure of womanhood. I realize it is necessary to undertake a number of measures.One of the first is my large bulbous nose that looks disjioned. As a procedure I wish to refine it to a smaller more famine profile. Can anybody give me a time frame becuse I believe I do a valuable job at work.

Rhinoplasty recovery time

Most patients are able to return to work in approximately 10 days after the rhinoplasty procedure.  The visible swelling and bruising usually subsides 7-14 days after the procedure. The cast stays in place across the bridge of the nose for 6 days.  The bulbous tip takes several months for the swelling to subside before seeing the end result. Full healing  after a rhinoplasty is one year

Normal Activities after a Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Straining, bending and lifting should be avoided during the early postoperative period. In many instances, you may be able to return to work within 7 to 10 days after surgery. Most normal activities including exercise can usually be resumed within three weeks.

It will be a few months before you can expose your reshaped nose to direct sunlight. Your nose will be sensitive during this time, and you must be conscientious about using a sunblock to protect your skin. If the bones of your nose were altered, it may be a number of weeks before you can wear glasses without special support such as tape. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. Patel 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty recovery after nasal feminization

Most of my patients return to work 7 to 10 days after rhinoplasty surgery. What works best in your case depends a bit on what kind of work you do and how "healed" you want to look before returning.

You can read more about the rhinoplasty healing and recovery process at my web reference link below.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Recovery from rhinoplasty.

The recovery time after a rhinoplasty procedure is normally 7 to 10 days.   A cast/splint is placed on the nose for approximately 6 days.

I have found that most of my patients can return to work in 7 to 10 days depending upon the procedures involved.

Returning to Work After Rhinoplasty

Recovering from rhinoplasty can vary from person to person. Timing of when it is appropriate to return to work will depend on how you heal and what kind of work you do.  In general, I keep my patient's cast on the nose for about 7 days after surgery.  Once the cast comes off, most patients return to work. If there is any bruising left at that point, it can be covered with make up.  If you work a desk job or can work from home, some people even work before the cast comes off.  If your job is physically strenuous you may have to wait longer. Discuss these matter with your surgeon during your rhinoplasty consultation.

Jacob D. Steiger, MD
Boca Raton Facial Plastic Surgeon