Cannula Needle Lip Injections? (photos)

I'm for someone in Washington, preferably around the Seattle area, that uses cannula needles for lip injections. I am very sensitive to pain and with a lot of research, I found that cannula needles have been the most recommended and the least painful.

Cannula Lip Injections

You have been doing your research.  You are right, a cannula is a great tool for lip injection and all I use.  It is more accurate, far less painful, rarely results in bruising and only minimal swelling.  
I hope that helps.
Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Cannula for lip injections

Hi Alikitt, we use a combination of cannula and needle for lip injections, depending on what we are trying to achieve.  Cannula is useful for general filling of the dry red lip while needle is more precise for defining the vermillion border area.  Both are somewhat painful to undergo and nerve block anesthesia can be used to increase treatment comfort.  Best of luck in your search!

Tom D. Wang, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cannula Needle Lip Injections?

Your lips look plenty full to me although it is a little hard to tell with your choice of lipstick.  If you are very sensitive to pain, I would not recommend having filler injections into your lips.  Lips are one of the most sensitive areas of the body.  Even with topical anesthesia and the use of a cannula this is pretty uncomfortable. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Cannulas limit pain and swelling and are a great technique but often to get the lips fully fine contoured you need needles as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip injections

Hello and thank you for your question. 
I am not from your area but thought I would give you some useful advice.
A cannula is a  useful device for administering a filler and has the advantage of being less traumatic than a needle so potentially causing less bruising.
The discomfort however is related to a number of factors such as individual pain perception, anatomical location, size of needle or cannula and skill of the practitioner.
It is more important to seek a practitioner who has the requisite experience and soft touch to treat with minimal discomfort.
Using pain reducing interventions such as nerve blocks, anaesthetic cream, ice packs are also useful but no substitute for finding the right practitioner.

Tapan Patel, MBBS
London Physician