I want Breast implants, but unsure if a lift would be needed as well. Would I be a candidate for Tummy tuck and flanking?(photo)

26 year old mother of 2. Both delivered by csection.

Breast implants versus a lift with a mommy makeover

Thank you for submitting the photographs. However, without a complete exam with measurements, it is difficult to determine the correct procedure to achieve the results you desire. If you are desiring more fullness to the upper part of your breasts, then implants are often necessary in addition to a breast lift. Keep in mind that combining breast implants with a breast lift is a bit more complicated and involved than performing either procedure alone.  If you have a fairly flat abdomen with just a little bit of extra skin hanging over the C-section scar, revising the scar may be all that is necessary. A side view would be helpful to see how much protrusion you have in your belly. Hopefully, you are not too attached to the tattoo, as this may be removed with either a scar revision or a tummy tuck.

Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover Procedures

Considering your question of implants with no lift, this is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight. The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. If the nipples is in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping , an implant may be useful.

Without being able to view the image very well, you could be a candidate for tummy tuck, including factors like excess abdominal skin which may sag, a disproportionate or protruding abdomen, weakened or separated abdominal muscles, excess fat concentrated in the abdomen. Other tummy tuck patients may recently have lost a lot of weight and need to have excess skin and tissue removed. Many women choose to have an abdominoplasty following pregnancy. Older patients may be candidates for a tummy tuck due to reduced skin elasticity, family traits, age, immobility. Your best bet would be to take all of your information to a local surgeon for a consultation and determine which procedures would be best for you. Good luck.

Tummy tuck

Hi, thanks for your inquiry and for your pictures. I would say that you are going on the right path. Breast lift with implants, a tummy tuck with liposuction in waist, flanks and probably lower back, would give you an outstanding result. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Surgery

You will not get a pleasing result from breast implants alone. Once the nipples get so low a full lift is necessary with or without implants to get the youthful look that is appropriate for you. I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by flanking. Are you referring to liposuction of the flanks maybe? If so it would require a photo of the flanks which are the "lovehandles" along your lower sides and back.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Lift

Thank you very much for your question.

Based on the pictures, you would likely need a lift in addition to the breast implants, as your areola is below your breast fold and should be positioned higher.  It's a bit difficult based on the picture provided to make any recommendations on the tummy.  I recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon who will be able to come up with a great plan after examining you and discussing your goals.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Breast lift

From your photos you would need a breast lift and implants. You nipple distance appears long and you have fair amount excess skin at the inferior pole. Also a tummy tuck would be a good option for your abdomen.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

I want Breast implants, but unsure if a lift would be needed as well. Would I be a candidate for Tummy tuck and flanking?(

Implants alone do not adequately lift the breast when there is significant sagging, no matter the size or type of implant, and will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient who also needs some variation of a lift.

Based on your photos but without an examination, you appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck and liposuction of selective areas. It is difficult to tell whether in fact you are a good candidate for those procedures without a physical examination and complete medical history. It would depend on your anatomical findings, motivation, realistic expectations, and whether you are finished having children.

The best long term cosmetic results with the least likelihood of potential complications are achieved in patients who weigh within 10 pounds of their ideal weight.

If a member of my family underwent these procedures, they would be performed by an experienced plastic surgeon who is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. If you are serious about undergoing these procedures, you should have a thorough consultation with a plastic surgeon having those credentials, who will fully explain what is entailed in the procedures, including both the positives and potential problems. You should be complimented on the fact that you are seeking valid information before jumping into any procedure.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your questions regarding a mommy makeover.  Congratulations on maintaining a nice shape after two kids!  You appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck, flank liposuction, and a breast lift with augmentation all of which would give you back your pre-pregnancy shape.  Given the position of your nipple, a breast lift would definitely be required.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area to further discuss your options.  Best wishes!

Breast implants - with or without a lift?

Thank you for asking about your breast implants, breast lift and tummy tuck.

• Yes, from your photos you would probably need a breast lift 
  • Your breasts have not only lost volume but they have drooped - an implant is unlikely to look pretty without the lift.
  • And yes, your photos suggest that you would also be a candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.
  • These can be done together in most cases -
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Hope you find this information helpful. Elizabeth Morgan MD

Breast implants and tummy tuck

Based on your photos it appears you would be a candidate for implants with a lift and a tummy tuck.  Some liposuction of the flank area will also give more contour to that area.  If you choose to have implants without the lift you may be unhappy with your results as the level of the nipple will not be raised very much without the lift.  
A good starting point would be a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area.  She can evaluate you for the procedures you are interested in as well as explain the risks and benefits.

Camille Cash, MD