Mommy makeover with back flank lip and no vertical scars possible?

Pondering a mommy makeover but I want to know if they can also lip the back flanks (from armpit to hips) on the back at the same time. Also, When you do a mommy makeover, is it possible to do a breast lift without implants and not have a vertical scar?

Mommy Makeover Procedures

Thank you for the question. It would be helpful to see pictures. In general and for your safety I would break your procedures into two procedures in order to reduce your operative time and help your recovery process. Regarding the breast lift question with out implants especially you are most probably need a full breast lift with the vertical scars.

Good luck!

If you need significant lifting(as most woman do), you cannot avoid the vertical scar, you may even need a transverse scar in the IMF(breast crease). Also realize unless you are having this procedure performed in a hospital, you cannot by florida law perform a significant amount of lipo and cut on the skin(meaning no TT or lift at same time), just the way the law is. So, you are looking at two procedures, TT + lipo abd/flanks, plus lift. then second procedure for more lipo of back. 

Mommy makeover

It is common to do liposuction at the same time as a tummy tuck.  The degree that it can be performed will vary patient to patient.  It is possible to have a minor breast lift with no vertical scar, but without photos or an examination it is unknown whether you would be a good candidate for that procedure.  I encourage you to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD

Without the benefit of physical exam and at least seeing the photos- it difficult to comment accurately. We often perform liposuction at the same time as we do abdominal and breast surgery -however for safety reasons there're limitations re/ how much fat can be taken out  when considering liposuction  at the same time as other procedures. I prefer my patients to stay overnight at the recovery facility  when combination procedures are performed

Mommy Makeover

In Florida, the Board of Medicine only allows a small amount of liposuction to be done at the same time as a tummy tuck.  So, there are some limits there - discuss your situation with your surgeon.

In terms of the no-vertical incision on the breast lift, while this is possible, it is more likely to leave a "boxy" shape to the breast, and doesn't work in all breast shapes.  The nipple has to be below the level of the infra-mammary crease to even be a candidate for this.