Is fibrocystic change common after a double mastectomy? Is this something I should worry about?

I had a nipple sparing double mastectomy in April 2015 due to LCIS. It was the 3rd time atypical hyperplasia was found and 4th overall finding so I decided to have the double mastectomy so I wouldn't have to keep going through the nightmare. I discovered 2 lumps 4 months post reconstruction (silicone with fat grafting) I have had two ultrasounds, 6 months apart with the finding of "hypoechoic regions that appear to represent breast tissue and fibrocystic changes. Is this common? Do I need to be worried?

We can not respond over the internet to this type of issue. I recommend seeing breast surgeon, breast oncologist for in person opinions.

Fibrocystic disease after mastectomy

Mastectomy removes all breast tissue and developing fibrocystic disease after mastectomy is unlikely. Please see your breast surgeon for an exam and further studies. Best, Dr. Yegiyants 

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon