Mole removal, Infected? (photos)

I got a mole removed last week by shaving it off. I wanted to know if do you believe it looks infected, or if this is normal? It doesn't hurt, or gives me any pain or itchiness. I have been using vaseline, and bandages. I'm concerned it might seem infected. If so, What should I do?

Is this mole infected

From the photo, it probably is not infected.   A large number of moles look like this as they heal.  I would, however, rather than ask here, suggest you go back to the doctor who took it off and ask him or her.

Elk Grove Village Dermatologist

Knowing what's Normal with Mole Removal

This is just the wound healing.  I suggest you use a topical growth factor and silicone based gel. If it changes or you begin to experience pain, contact your Dr. Best, Dr. Emer

Mole Removal

Thank you for your question.  The appearance of your biopsy site is normal.  Signs of infection would include pain, swelling, and tenderness.  If you develop these signs of infection I recommend for you to contact the doctor who completed your biopsy and inform them of your symptoms.  If you do not have these symptoms I recommend to apply a thin layer of vaseline twice daily until the area has healed.  

Lisa Zaleski-Larsen, DO, FAAD
San Diego Dermatologist