I need a TT, but do I need lipo too? Can you get a TT without lipo? Is lipo included financially in most TT packages? (Photo)

Hi! After 3 babies in 4 yrs & a rollercoaster of gaining & losing 65 lbs each time I believe I am a good candidate for a TT. I am trying to decide if I need liposuction with a TT or not. I have a consult in few weeks, but am curious. I feel I am a good candidate for a TT, with breast implants, but am not sure about lipo. Without it, will I get dog ears or other love handle issues? How much will healing be impacted? I also wonder if lipo is usually included in the price of a TT at most places?

Tummy tuck

You appear to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck.  You are in great shape and would likely do well without the addition of liposuction.  If a small amount of lipo on the flanks is needed to give a smooth contour on the side, it would likely create no additional charges.  To be sure, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for a full evaluation.  Best wishes!

Tummy tuck

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

TT with liposuction

Thank you for your question. This is a common question, and yes, generally-speaking, we include liposuction of the trunk as part of our standard TT pricing. However, from your photos, I'd really doubt that you even need any liposuction. You seem to be very fit, and really just have a skin excess and some laxity of your abdominal wall, both of which are addressed w/ a TT. Best wishes.

TT with liposuction

Tummy tuck

You are the ideal candidate for a Tummy tuck
The lipo of the flanks is included in out TT all inclusive package.
Please check our before and after pictures

Martin Yanez, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Martin Yanez, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lipoabdominoplasty

Many Plastic Surgeons include Liposuction with Abdominoplasty to assist with contouring. It would not be done if not necessary or desired. The specifics of your surgical plan and related costs would have to be discussed with your Plastic Surgeon as each has their own financial policies.

Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in this procedure.

All the best

Lipoabdominoplasty

All the best

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be a candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

I need a TT, but do I need lipo too? Can you get a TT without lipo? Is lipo included financially in most TT packages?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  Liposuction can be added for those individuals with more prominent hips usually for an additional charge.  It is unlikely that you'd need lipo here though.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction-Needed?

Dear GHWMommy,  Based on your history and your photos, you are a very good candidate for a tummy tuck(abdominoplasty).  While some plastic surgeons would not perform liposuction at the same time as a tummy tuck, many use liposuction to sculpt and shape the abdomen and the love handles at the same time.  If I am only treating the tummy region, I include the liposuctioning as part of the abdominoplasty procedure and there are no extra charges.  However, in some patients who have very full love handles and treating these sites will required significantly more time, then there is an additional charge.

How each plastic surgeon prices their procedures is different  but before you proceed with your surgery, do get an exact listing of the procedures being perform and the breakdown on the costs required.  Hope this helps.  You should get a great result.

Tummy Tuck and Liposuction-Needed?

Every PS is different as far as what they include in the pricing for a tummy tuck. I personally include the liposuction as I think the result is better. Even in very thin patients there is always some excess fat. You can absolutely get a tummy tuck without liposuction and will have a very nice result.

#Abdominoplasty, #tummytuck, #liposuction

Based on the limited information obtained by the pictures you posted, you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.
It is my professional opinion that liposuction is better performed at a later day, if needed. Most plastic surgeons are performing liposuction at the same time of surgery, however, my believe is you get a better result if you perform it 6 - 12 months after the TT.
The most important factor in obtaining a good result from your cosmetic surgery is the surgeon you elect to perform it, be sure you elect a plastic surgeon certified by the ABPS, preferably a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Fat removal is part of a tummy tuck procedure

A tummy tuck or Abdominoplasty is a very common procedure for women after they are finished with child bearing.  It consists of 3 basic steps:

1. Skin removal
  2. Fat removal
  3. Muscle tightening
There are many different types of tummy tucks and the choice is individualized for each patient.  Fat removal either by liposuction or direct excision is an integral part of any tummy tuck procedure.  An adequate tummy tuck should not leave any dog ears and would include treatment of the "muffin top" on the hips.  The fee is usually all inclusive for all parts of the tummy tuck.

Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures for the best possible result.

Good Luck!

1. Skin removal
  2. Fat removal
  3. Muscle tightening

Good Luck!