Will my scar heal on its own, or do I need surgery? (Photo)

i do butt impant 2 weeks ago and the stitches open.i show it by 2 doctors. one of then told me we have to close the wound and the other doctor said its better to leave it healing by it self? and how long it to complate healing?

Buttock augmentation

This wound needs to be closed immediately and cultured for bacteria. Its a perfect way to expose the implants to bacteria that can cause your surgeon to remove your implants.   Go to your surgeon and have him/her close it up and put you on the appropriate after care regimine. There is no need to take a risk. 

Wound dehiscence

Dear dndn,

Thanks for submitting your picture and sorry for your problem. From observing you picture, it does not look like you have infection, however, I would recommend to obtain culture and sensitivity specimen from the wound. Once the result is obtained and you are on proper antibiotics as well as doing proper wound care (Hidrogen peroxide , Bacitracin ointment and dry gauze 2-3 times a day )   I would perform wound clean up (sutures and non viable tissue) under local anesthesia and close the wound in one layer of interrupted non absorbing nylon or proline sutures. That will help the wound to heal faster and prevent formation of abscess.

All my patients use Velcro binder for wound protection for at least one month and avoid physical activity for 6 weeks after butt implants surgery.

Did you return to your surgeon's office for follow up ? What did your surgeon say ?  If he is from out of town, get his recommendation and either revisit him or have him contact a local plastic surgeon for wound care and closure.

Dr Widder

Incision issue

As long as the implants are not exposed and do not become infected, it is likely that the wound will go on to heal on its own with proper wound care. Best of luck.

Buttock Implants

Your wound is not healing very well. Surgical care is needed

It is urgent to take care of it before you get an infection and will have to remove the implants.

Open scar after buttock implants

Wound opening after buttock implants is unfortunately not uncommon. As long as the implants are not exposed you may wait for healing by second intention. Follow up closely with your plastic surgeon to make sure a smooth healing happens.

All the best

Afschin Ghofrani, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon