What can I except in a revision rhinoplasty. (photos)

I had a rhinoplasty in may'15 I liked my new nose except I have alot of scar tissue in the columella (feels like a wall where the scar is on the inside) My dr said it was the way I healed and I have thick skin. So I paid for a revision 2 months ago and nothing changed at all. I can still feel every bump where the scar is as before. What can I expect when going to a new dr. Will I be charged more? Will I go thru a whole rhino or just open the side of the columella and cutting scar tissue out?

Scar tissue is very rare in the columella.

I am sorry to hear about your issues following two rhinoplasties. In my 15 years of doing this surgery I can't say that I ever seen an issue with scarring in the columella, even when doing region surgeries on patients. Without seeing you in person it is hard to tell what is going on but I would guess this is a problem with either a cartilage graft or the natural size and shape of your medial currant foot pads. Consult an expert rhinoplasty surgeon to get more information. 

Good luck and I hope this helps you.

Dr. Wayne

Oklahoma City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty?

A revision rhinoplasty  can remove your hanging columella etc. However this may resolve at the one year date so I would not do anything before that time. 

Revision rhinoplasty

Healing time prolongs with thick skin and revision surgery. The wide and hard columella may be due to cartilage graft placed for support. You can get a more refined nasal structure with an experienced revision surgeon. 

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

The Photographs demonstrate excessively wide columella along with a hanging columella.  A closed rhinoplasty approach can address  reducing both of these issues, but is probably best to wait at least a year before embarking on another revision  rhinoplasty.    Look for a surgeon who has extensive experience with revision rhinoplasty for best results.