Nose indention. (photos)

I am 6 weeks post op. I had septoplasty/rhinoplasty. I did have a couple bones filed down at the top of my nose. This last week i noticed i now have a small in indention at the top left side of my nose. Is this something that may correct itself? If not what to do to correct it? Hopefully without surgery.

Too soon to tell

I know early postoperative changes can be frightening, but it is best to be patient and wait for more swelling to resolve over the next few months. It is normal for swelling to fluctuate greatly in the first month to 6 weeks, so be patient.

Brookfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Indention

It appears that your left nasal bone may be out of position. If that area feels very hard to touch - it may be that the nasal bone needs to be fractured and pushed inward towards the midline. At 6 weeks - you still have significant swelling.  I would recommend waiting at this time and if the deformity persists considering a revision at 6-12 months.

Good luck!!

Jon Kurkjian, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon