Do I need a lift with my augmentation? (photos)

After 100lbs of weight loss I have two problems I need a tummy tuck and my breast are two different sizes along with I am curious if implants to refill them would be okay or if I need a lift . I am a 38DD currently.

Breast Life

First of all, congratulations on your weight loss! That is a massive feat and you should be so proud of yourself. As the other doctors said previously, it seems that you would be a good candidate for a breast life. 

Edmond Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift with my augmentation?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photo you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with/without implants.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated as to which procedure will best help you achieve your overall desired look, address and concerns you may have and build the sugical plan that helps you achieve your desired goals.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Do I also need a breast lift with my breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photo. Yes you will eed a breast lift. You may have enough breast tissue that you will not need implants. Please read the link below:

I recommend a breast lift, with or without implants, depending on what size you would like to be. A mastopexy will help give your breasts a more youthful appearance, raise the nipple position, decrease the size of your areolas, and give you a fuller, perkier breast shape. Thanks for your question, best of luck.

It would be my recommendation to have a breast lift to reshape the breast.  Implants add volume, and I am not sure you will want larger breast.  Discuss your options with your plastic surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Do I need a lift with my augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photo.  A lift will help to raise the position of the nipple areola.  During a lift one could also have some tissue removed from the larger breast to help achieve symmetry.  If one desires to have  a larger breast as well then adding an implant could also be considered.  I would recommend starting with a face to face consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience with this area. After your consultation they should be able to let you know your options. Once you know your options then you can decide if it makes sense to have surgery. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift with my augmentation

I think implants alone will make you large but the contour and location of your breast mound and the location of your nipples will not be altered by the implant alone. I think the lift would give you a better cosmetic result combined with the implant if you want to be larger

Julio Garcia, MD

Do I need a lift with my augmentation?

I would think a breast lift and small reduction would be the proper choice. You have a large amount of natural breast tissue so further augmentation is probably not the best choice. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Do I need a lift with my augmentation?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift or mastopexy, which would raise your breasts and nipples, make your breasts perkier and rounder, reduce your areola size and improve symmetry.  You can add implants to increase your breast size, especially at the upper pole.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS