Am able to get good results from a extended Tummy tuck or is a fleur de lis the best option? (photos)

I have lost 100lbs, and I don't really want the huge vertical scar of the fleur de lis but I want the one that will give me the best results.

Incision choice

Thanks for your inquiry and excellent picture.  A fleur-fe-leis will get the most skin removed and and deal wih the fullness in the upper abdomen better, but you do get the vertical scar.  I recommend you look at lots of before and after pictures of patients who started like you that chose the two approaches.  Also get a few opinions in person.  Good Luck.  

Am able to get good results from a extended Tummy tuck or is a fleur de lis the best option?

It seems most patients in this situation decline to have the Fleur De Lis scar and we still get great results. But for you, in order to get great results we need to see more weight loss before surgery. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, I believe that you would still get a great result with an extended tummy tuck without a vertical scar, plus liposuction.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Post massive weight loss body contouring . Possible fleur-de-lis

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss. That depends on the surgeon you see. You can get an excellent result either way. Fleur-de-lis allows for removal of more upper abdominal skin but gives you a vertical scar that can be good or bad.
Peter Fisher M.D 

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

I agree with the other docs on this one. Extended tummy tuck with liposculpture. Not a verticle scar. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon.

Andrew T. Cohen, MD

I believe you would be able to get good results from an extended TT, along with additional liposuction for contouring (possibly as a second stage). The vertical scar from a fleur de lis is often necessary when a patient presents with a lot of excess fat/skin on top of the belly button but the majority of your excess appears to be in the region of the belly button and below. Best to see a couple of board certified plastic surgeons who can properly examine you in person and give you the best surgical recommendations. Good luck!

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Which is best?

Thank you for your pictures. In my opinion, and extended standard tummy tuck would work well for you. A Fleur-De-Lis tummy tuck is not necessary in my opinion. Please see several board-certified plastic surgeons for the best recommendations. Best wishes and congratulations on your weight-loss.