I'm thinking about getting Lipo or something done to my stomach to match my new 36DD!!!! Any suggestions?

I was wondering if the stomach stays numb or would i loose some feeling in my stomach like i have with my breast? And how long will i be down i have a busy 3 year old? Or what procedure has the least scar? I've also thought about laser lipo but i don't see big results with that one.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Please post photos for further evaluation and treatment advice. I suggest a 4D HI DEFINITION contouring specialist if you want fat removal and contouring. An in person consult is needed to determine what is best based on your body type and skin type. Consult with a VASER Hi Definition expert to work with your personal goals and to give you the results you are seeking. Best, Dr. Emer.

Options for tummy

Thank you for your question.  Depending on how your abdomen looks like, you may need either liposuction or a tummy tuck.  If you just have isolated pockets of fat, liposuction would be ideal and results in very little scars.  If you have excess loose skin, a tummy tuck would be more appropriate.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Improve tummy

To know what will give you a good result , you need to see a plastic surgeon.
One can't tell whether you need a tummy tuck or liposuction without an exam or least without posting a photo.  Best wishes

Mommy Makeover- The Stomach

The abdomen after pregnancy can look almost as good as it did before, or it can be VERY different.  The best choice for improvement of the abdomen after pregnancy depends on balancing  the optimal surgical approach with the practicalities of children and daily life.    

If the main problem is some excess fat then liposuction or laser liposuction may be the answer.  The down time with this is limited and the recovery fairly easy.  The scarring is minimal.

If the main problem is skin excess or diastasis , then a tummy tuck is needed and the recovery is much greater. The scar with this hip to hip.

The best way to assess the correct approach for each patient is a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Samuel Beran, MD

Liposuction

Liposuction is a powerful tool frequently used in plastic surgery to removed stubborn and unwanted fat.  It is very common to do liposuction with a breast augmentation as they do compliment each other.  The numbness from liposuction is temporary.  Laser liposuction or ultrasound liposuction is a technique where fat is destroyed prior to removal and can help tighten the skin.

Dr. John Burns
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Dallas, Texas

John Burns, MD

There are many options available for contouring the abdomen

There are many options available for contouring the abdomen, surgical and non surgical.  We are very fortunate to have so many choices to offer our patients, the final choice will depend on body build, down time, cost, scars, and your desires.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in body contouring procedures to customize a plan for you.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon