I'm thinking about lip aug. Any suggestions?

My bottom lip has always been thicker then my top I'd love be to even that out I'm really thinking about a lip aug what do y'all think ??

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for sharing  your question.  The decision to have any lip augmentation done is a decision you should make on your own. But, the use of fillers is a GREAT way at improving volume.  This is a quick and easy procedure. You should keep in mind, that the upper lip should be smaller then the lower lip.  Please see an expert for best results. Best, Dr. Green.

Thank you for sharing your question.  Though the decision to pursue any aesthetic enhancement is a personal one, the use of dermal fillers in the lips is an excellent option at improving overall volume and subtle asymmetries.  Hope this helps.

Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant.

Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.

Hope this helps.

Lip augmentation with HA filler

This is a quick and easy procedure to do. Keep in mind that the upper lip should be smaller than the lower lip in a ratio of 1:1.6. The upper lip should protrude more than the lower when looking at the side view. Please seek an expert because there are many folks not happy on Realself with their injections. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to comment without seeing a photograph.  In general, beautiful and natural lip augmentation results can be achieved with a hyaluronic acid based filler such as Juvederm.  I would suggest that you see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Lip Augmentation

Thank you for your question. Pictures are always helpful for us to determine your candidacy for a procedure. Lip augmentation is ideal for individuals with asymmetrical lips and seeking increased volume. I suggest that you move forward by consulting in-person with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello, and thanks for your question. Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. I suggest posting photos so I can be more helpful. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Suggestions for Top Lip Augmentation with Fillers (Restylane, Juvederm), Lip Implant or Fat

It's hard to tell without a picture, but I find that fillers, (Restylane, Juvederm) are good to create a symmetrical lip and can give you more fullness in the top lip. Please see an expert for a consultation. Best, Dr. Emer