Will 2 syringes of Juvederm give me lip injection results I desire? (photos)

I got my first injections about 2 years ago and I thought it was about time to go in again. The first time I only got one syringe, because I wanted to be conservative and not go overboard. Thinking back, I didn't think it did very much (that or my communication with the doctor wasn't excellent and the aesthetic of the results was not what I wanted.) I will be going to a new doctor and was wanting prior opinions if I should get 2 syringes this time.

Juvederm

Hi albertpham
I always recommend starting with one syringe.  Wait at least 2 weeks and if you want more you can always add the second syringe.  Its always best to start off minimal and gradually add more to achieve your desired look.  I would consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Lip injections

Thank you for your question.  I generally recommend that patients follow the intermittent increase in lip volume/shape as we do the injections (you don't have to watch the needle go in).  This way, they are very involved with determining the final shape/volume.  If there is swelling/bruising that confuses the issue, then I recommend that patients return in 2 weeks after their injection for a touch up procedure.

Juvederm and Lip Injections

I would definitely consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with lip injections for the best results.  You may need more than one syringe if you didn't get the fullness that you desired.  

Lip fillers and Amount Needed

I suggest starting with 1 and if more is needed you can always add.  See a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon with experience in lip fillers as this area can give a poor result if not injected properly. Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm for lips

In general, one should start out conservatively as you can always place more product if necesary. It is much more difficult to remove it once it is placed. There is an enzyme that can dissolve it, but it is not selective and will dissolve most of the product that has been injected.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Best Filler Amount for Lips

Hi Alex,

I advise my patients to limit their lip filler to 1 cc at any visit.  More can always be added, but I find that my aesthetic and artistic vision does not agree with large volume filler in the lips.  It is important to choose your aesthetic physician most carefully to avoid looking like a freak.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will 2 syringes of Juvederm give me lip injection results I desire?

I have rarely used more than 1 syringe on lips.  You have fairly good volume in you lower lip and thus  probably need the fill more in your upper lip. I would only do 1 syringe initially and wait and see if you really need more. You don't want to end up with "duck" lips.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

1 syringe of filler should be sufficient. Typically, more than one syringe will result in overly filled lips. Especially, the first time you have filler placed in your lips, it is important to be conservative. Your lips will swell significantly and this can be very disconcerting for a first time lip filler patient. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Careful how much you inject in the lips.

I rarely have to use more than one syringe of Juvederm Ultra in the lips.  Juvederm is very soft and putting an excess amount will not enhance the shape...it may simply make your lips look unnatural.  Best to wait and see if you need more than one.

Daniel Yamini, MD

2 syringes of filler to the lips?

Your lips already have pretty good volume to them. You probably will not need more than 1 syringe if properly done by an experienced injector and your goals are communicated effectively. Rarely do I have to give anyone more than one syringe, especially when using Juvederm. Start with 1 and then you can add more if needed.