What size implants would fit my body type? (photos)

I'm taking the steps to get a breast augmentation but would really love to have some doctors opinions first. After kids my breast went to a small flat A. Would love to go to a full C or ever a small D. Don't want to look to fake or huge but I would love to feel more feminine & beautiful naked. I know I'm choosing under the muscle && silicone now it's just choosing the size. I have broad shoulders and not much of a butt sorta like a square shape body.

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.
The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.
Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.
During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.
Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Choosing a Breast Implant for Breast Augmentation

Choosing a breast implant for breast augmentation is no longer just a numbers game. You have made the very important decision of inquiry about breast augmentation and choosing an implant type. At this time there are numerous shapes and sizes that can easily be selected to fit your body and meet your goals. A consultation would help to narrow your implant choice, give you the ability to look at implants, and hopefully make this a very straightforward process as it should.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

What size breast implants to choose.

Selecting the "right" size implants for your body type is a very personal decision, and one that another woman with identical body type may choose differently. I recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast augmentation. During a consultation visit, you would usually have an opportunity to try on "sizers" which will give you an idea of many different sizes. Selecting by cup size or by cc's without considering how YOU think it looks on your body is creating more stress for yourself.

Robert N. Young, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants

Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#drdeanvistnes #breastaugmentation

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

Choosing a breast implant can be stressful, but also exciting. You are a great candidate for breast augmentation. It is difficult to recommend a size via internet or virtual consultation. The best way, as you know, is an in-office consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. That being said, choosing a breast implant is a discussion between your surgeon and you; the both of you should come to an agreement about size of implant. Typically, a breast implant is selected based on the width of your chest and the thickness of your breast tissue. A ~400-450 mL implant will definitely give you an excellent appearance. Also, consider an anatomical gummy bear implant as that will provide a natural shape. Best of luck on this exciting time in your life...

Choice of implant size.

Thanks for your very good question.  I think that 425-460 ccs is a good "guess" as to an appropriate implant but in my practice make the final choice based upon how the breast contour looks and how close an individual test implant or "sizer" matches the patient's preoperative goals.  Too often a preop estimate based on filling a bra or on dimensions can be suboptimal and a slightly larger or smaller silicone implant can be a better choice IMO.  Allow your surgeon to take the responsibility for the final choice of implant based on how you really look during the procedure.  That's my advice....and enjoy your results.  Check the video above for some additional info.
Jon A. Perlman MD FACSDiplomate, Am Bd of Plastic SurgeryABC TV Extreme Makeover plastic surgeonBeverly Hills, Ca.

Jon A. Perlman, MD

425 cc or equivalent

Based on the photo and description 425 cc is about the size that I shall recommend.  Submuscular may not be the best choice, however it is your choice. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

What size implants would fit my body type?

• Thank you for the question. I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery, assuming you choose your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well.  
  • Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.
  • Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
  • 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
  • 2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
  • In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “very natural” or "full C or small D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
  • Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
  • 3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
  • I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

What size?

Hello and thank you for your questions. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery. I wish you the best in finding the right answers, as there are a lot of great answers and information on the forum. Remember, it is best to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can in person examine you, take key measurements and go over with you your specific aesthetic goals. Bringing several photos of your "ideal" look can be helpful as well.  Also with the consultation is a review and discussion about incision location, implant placement, implant size and shape, type of the implants and recovery period. There are several key differences and some similarities in the types and shapes of breast implants. It is best to see and feel in person the different sizes, shapes and textures of the various implants during a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. All the best.

Benjamin J. Cousins M.D.

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Breast implant selection is an exciting, but stressful part of the breast augmentation process as there are so many choices. Unfortunately it is impossible to recommend the best implant style, size or shape without an in-person examination that allows for the measurement of key breast parameters, as well as permits an in-depth discussion as to your desired goals and outcome. I would recommend you voice your concerns with your surgeon, they are in the best position to ensure that the implants the two of your decide upon are the right ones to meet your expectations.  Based on pictures alone the low to mid 400's will likely be a good cc range for you.  Best wishes!