Do I require a breast lift and implants? 24yo, no kids. (photos)

So I've always had strange boobs, but lately instead of them going straight out and being pointy they've grown very saggy. All of this sag has happened within the past year. I have dealt with thyroid issues, most of which are now under control and weight loss has slowly happened for me (a total of maybe 20lbs). I want to correct this before it gets worse. I would love some teardrop implants to fill out the bottom under the nipple, but don't you think I require a lift, too?

Do I require a breast lift and implants? 24yo, no kids.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, hugs!

Breast Lift with Implant

Thank you for your question and for posting appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast lift with implants. Your board certified surgeon will be able to address the slight asymmetry, and reshape your breasts. Implants will add volume and help you achieve your desired aesthetic. Of course, you'll need to have a consultation and perhaps undergo Vectra 3D Imagine to get an idea of what your post operative results will be. Breast of luck!

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Do I require a breast lift and implants?

Thank you for your question.  Based on your photos, a mastopexy (breast lift) will tighten your breasts, provide a lift, improve symmetry and make the breasts perkier.  By adding implants, you would increase the size of your breasts.  An in person exam would be required to determine the appropriate size implant for your goals.  For your age, round implants would be ideal and avoid any issue of malrotation.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Of course and in person examination is necessary to properly answer  your question.

There is an asymmetry and a lift will be required on the right lower breast to improve your symmetry.

If the nipple is below the crease underneath her breast on both sides then a bilateral left will be necessary in addition to implants  and will improve breast symmetry. please read below:

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think that you are starting at a good place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery plus/minus breast lifting surgery. Definitive advice would require in person evaluation and a full communication of your goals.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.