What can I realistically expect from a lollipop scar breast lift without augmentation? (photos)

Given the shape of my breast and lack of tissue on top, what can I realistically expect from a lollipop breast lift? I'd love to not get implants if possible & I want to retain a natural look. But, I'm having a hard time finding after pics of lifts alone that seem to have been similar to my breasts. Are the first few examples even close to obtainable without implants? How about what I've shown by lifting my own breast? Do you have any after pics that you think could show me what's obtainable?

What can I realistically expect from a lollipop scar breast lift without augmentation?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue

Please see the last question I responded to. I believe you can expect not to be thrilled with a lift alone, as you will have gone through an operation, have scars, spent time and money, and still have fairly flat upper poles. Even a small implant placed under the muscle will transform your result and still yield a completely natural look. All the best.

Thank you for your question.  With a lollipop breast lift (mastopexy), one can expect their breasts and nipple position to be raised, tightening of the breasts resulting in a perkier rounder appearance and improvement in symmetry.  Without implants, you would not have as much upper pole fullness.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

What can I realistically expect from lift without augmentation?

Thank you for your question and the photos. Since your breast envelope is deflated with very little native breast tissue, I do feel like adding a small implant with the lift would give the best result overall. Without an implant, you will be smaller than you are now and still will not have any fullness in the upper pole. There are so many different styles and profiles of implants that I feel confident you could find one that would give you the look you desire.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Lift + small implant is the way to go

Thanks for your question and the photos. You appear to have a loose skin envelope with marginal elasticity. That probably means the breast gland is not fibrous enough to allow it to be rearranged to give you the shape you have indicated you like. You will be much happier combining the lollipop pattern mastopexy with a small implant. Even 200CC is enough to help fill out the breast skin envelope and enhance your shape. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area that is an ASAPS member and specializes in cosmetic breast surgery. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Thank you for your question.  I think you already have realized that you probably will not obtain the look you desire without an implant.  Unfortunately, you have very little upper pole breast tissue and that will not change after any type of breast lift without an implant.  You would not require a large implant by any means in order to achieve a slightly more full, youthful appearing breast.  To be sure and to discuss your goals and options, I suggest you consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons experienced with this type of surgery.  Hope this helps.  Best wishes!

Lift

You can expect a better shape with repositioning of whatever breast tissue you have
You will not exactly have the look of implants but will look much better
if you want a more rounded look an implant would be needed

Breast Lift - lollipop scar

With your type of breast, I have found a lollipop lift underserves you as a patient just a little bit.  Combining a little small horizontal extension works a bit better and longer than just a lollipop lift.
Best Wishes!!