Can this raised thirteen year old scar be removed? (photos)

I had a partial Thyroidectomy done in 2003 that let me with a raised scar at the incision area. I'm not sure if it's a hypotrophic scar or a keloid scar. But I want to know if it is removable and what is the best way too remove it. I have been dragging it around for thirteen years and I'm ready for it to go.

Removal of raised scar after partial thyroidectomy

I would recommend excising the scar on your neck from your partial thyroidectomy and then treating it with steroid injections to try and improve the healing to give you the best outcome.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Scar Removal with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

See a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in lasers and scars.  This can be treated with a combination approach of lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers. Best, Dr. Emer.

Thyroid scars in Los Angeles

We specialize in thyroid scars. I would suggest Plato's Scar Serum, PDL, and Kenalog IIT as first-line therapy. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS