Losing hair transplant grafts after 8 weeks. (photos)

I did lose some transplanted hair in the first couple of weeks but I am starting to lose what appears to be grafts now. I thought hair were secure after couple of weeks. Are these really grafts?

Your transplanted hairs will likely shed and fall out weeks after surgery. This is normal. This should have been explained to

Your transplanted hairs will likely shed and fall out weeks after surgery.  This is normal.  This should have been explained to you.  Please follow up with your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Losing hair 2 months post op

most of the transplanted hairs fall out in the first 2-3 weeks after a transplant. However, some stick around and fall out between the transplant and the time the new hairs start to grow in, and any time in between. All of this is normal. It takes a good 12 months for your final result, and early growth typically starts between 3-4 months. Be patient!

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Shedding weeks after hair transplant

Shedding usually starts at about 1 weeks, can be 2-3 weeks and some or all of he grafts will shed and then return at 4-6 months. At 40 days, I would not expect any significant growth. You must wait it out for at least 5-6 months to see the growth start and 8 months for 80% of the growth to show up

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding after the procedure.

Everything looks normal.  The grafts shed beginning as soon as the first few days until about 6-8 weeks depending on the growth cycle.  There isn't a reason to be concerned that you will lose a graft at this point. Be patient, it takes almost a year to receive the full result.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

8 weeks post op hair shedding

Shedding of transplanted hairs in the first  month after the operation  is an almost universal characteristic of a hair transplant. This occurs because during hair transplantation a graft is temporarily stripped of its blood supply and the grafts shed their hair.  Shedding of transplanted hairs are  usually  noticed beginning 1 to 2 weeks following the procedure and continuing for up to six weeks. A very small percentage of patients do not shed and the transplanted hairs continues to grow. Please note that  It dosen`t mean that something goes wrong . 

New hairs  start to regrow in the 3rd or 4th months after the operation , and final result will be achieved only one year later
All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon