How long should I wait to get a tattoo after Breast lift?

On 9/16/16 I had a breast lift and my implants removed. How long do I need to wait to get a tattoo? Does it matter? I am healing well and haven't had any complications

Tattoo after uplift

Dear lindsey

if you are talking about a normal tattoo six to eight weeks if you are fully healed is a reasonable time to wait. If you are contemplating cosmetic tattoo for scar I would wait a minimum of six months but better 12 months, in any case speak to your surgeon before.

Regards,

Mr Netri

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift recovery and getting a tattoo

I would ask your surgeon when he/she feels your are healed enough.  If your wounds are well healed I would think six weeks would be long enough anywhere farther from your breast.  If you desire it near the breast, you probably should wait several months.  

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Getting a tattoo after a breast lift

It's always best to check with your surgeon about his or her protocol. I advise my patients to wait at least six weeks after surgery before they get a tattoo. This time would allow for most of the initial healing to occur. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon