I'm looking to get lip implants! (photos)
Doctor Answers 3
I'm looking to get lip implants!
Hi, I have performed many lip augmentation procedures using dermal fillers or lip implants for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, the upper lip should be approximately 75 % the size of the lower lip for the lips to appear balanced. The lips can be augmented using a dermal filler or a Permalip implant for a permanent enhancement. Our average charge is $600 per syringe of dermal filler. Permalip runs about $2,500 for 1 lip and $4,250 for both upper and lower lips.
Dermal filers and lip implants offer far more reliable volume to augment the lips than permanent fillers or fat injections that are also associated with increased, unwanted, side effects.
From the photos, your upper lip is very thin and the example upper lip is easily 4 times that size. You won't get a 400% increase in the size of your upper lip with lip implants but will get a reasonable augmentation. If you're looking for lips that much larger, than your current size, you will need to have dermal fillers in addition to Permalip implants in my humble opinion.
Hope this helps.
Permalip is a popular solution
Thank you for your question. Lip fillers are effective but are a temporary solution lasting between 4-6 months on average. There is an implant procedure called 'Permalip' which gives fantastic results and is permanent.Under local anaesthetic the lip will be numbed with with a quick dental injection for your comfort. Once anaesthetised, two small incisions are made just inside the corners of the mouth where it can not be seen. A small tunnel is made under the skin of the lip where the soft silicone Permalip implant is passed through. Once in place the incisions inside the mouth are closed with absorbable sutures. The procedure takes approximately just 20 to 30 minutes. The tiny incisions heal quickly and are invisible from the outside of your mouth. You may experience some swelling and bruising but this usually only lasts a week and cold compresses can be used to reduce this. The results are lovely and natural yet still giving you that plump you would like.
I would suggest researching surgeons near you and to always check they are board-certified. I hope you find the solution you desire.
Lip implants - permanent solution to fillers
Thank you for asking about your lip implants.
- Lip implants may work very nicely for you.
- The implants available in the USA are Permalip implants which come in 3 sizes and various lengths.
- Their correct placement is important - if they are in the right place, you will be able to feel the implant.
- They will defintely enlarge the lips but even with the largest (size 5) will not give you all the enlargement you desire.
- You may find that after implants, you always look better but from time to time want filler to give you even more fullness.
- I am sure there are plastic surgeons in Oklahoma who can help you -
- If not, I have had patients travel across country to have me place their implants but I always suggest you try to find someone near you - it makes your recovery much easier to know your surgeon is near-by.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.