What kind of compression garment can I wear while working out?

I am 6 weeks post-op and have been cleared to do light workouts. My surgeon said I still need to wear my compression garment while exercising. Do I have to continue wearing the garment provided to me, or can I wear exercise compression garments, like Tommie Copper?

Compression Garmet after Surgery

Compression garments are not necessary after CoolSculpting treatment. If you had surgery and your doctor is recommending this, then it is advisable to keep using it.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Compression garmet after surgery

I would have to defer to your surgeon for this answer, as he or she will be providing you  the best advice for the procedure they performed, to allow you to heal and have the outcome you desire. Happy healing!

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Compression garments

Obviously, I would recommend following your surgeon's advice as he or she would know your case best.  That being said, in general, I would say at 6 weeks, anything that provides good compression should be fine.  Good luck!

Compression Question--Contact Doctor and Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Cellutone to aftercare

I recommend speaking to your Dr about their compression protocol after your procedure. I also recommend adding RF treatments externally like venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish, shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. Best, Dr. Emer

Compression Garments post surgery for workouts.

Hello sai91326,

Thank you for your question and following your surgeon's advice. Not clear as to what type of surgery you are post op from? Generally speaking at the 6-8 week post op milestone when you have been cleared for lite workouts any good exercise compression garment (Tommy Copper etc) will be sufficient if you find the one previously used in the immediate post operative period cumbersome. Safety always dictates asking the person who did your surgery for the best reassurance. A quick call to their office would clear this up for you. Best of luck. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Compression after coolsculpting

Compression after coolsculpting is really not necessary beyond a couple of weeks.  If you had something else done then ask your treating physician.  We love coolsculpting and it really does work! Freeze that fat!! 

Compression garments after Coolsculpting not needed

I have not seen or heard of anything at conferences or in the literature about the benefits of using compression garments after Coolsculpting. I would use your normal workout gear and have no worries. After liposuction and surgery, there are obvious benefits with compression garments. For best results from Coolsculpting, Zimmer Z Wave and using the CoolAdvantage handpieces will be beneficial. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting

Hi,

Did you have coolsculpting done?

Usually compression garment is not necessary after coolsclupting. I recommend contacting your doctor regarding this.

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

What kind of compression garment while working out?

Compression garments are normally not necessary after CoolSculpting treatments.  If your physician is recommending a compression garment for some reason, I would ask the office of your physician what type of garment you should use.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon