I am having a full tummy tuck on April 14. 2015. My brother is getting married on the 17. Will I be able to attend his wedding?

I am having a full tummy tuck on April 14. 2015. My brother is getting married on April 17. Will I at least be able to attend his wedding? I have also had 3 C-sections, does that help any with recovery? Will they also remove the scar from my c sections? After my last one I have a lot of itching on the incision that I did not have with the first 2 C-sections and was wanting to know if they remove this will that stop the itching?

Tummy tuck recovery

It is unlikely that you'll be able to attend the wedding three days after the tummy tuck.  You will still be quite sore and likely have drains.  As far as the c-section scar, they are usually removed as part of the long incision of the tummy tuck.  It is unknown if the itching sensation you described will cease or not.  

Tummy Tuck Recovery

Attending a wedding three days after a tummy tuck is not a very realistic postoperative goal. You may be able to sit down for the ceremony but attending the reception is probably too much. The c-section scar is cut out with most tummy tucks.

I am having a full tummy tuck on April 14. 2015. My brother is getting married on the 17. Will I be able to attend his wedding

You will need 1-2 weeks to recover while you wear a binder and have a couple of drains to take care of. I would consider postponing your surgery if you want to attand and enjoy the event.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Wedding event after tummy tuck

Thanks for your inquiry.  If you were my patient, I would tell you no way should you have a tummy tuck and then attend a social event like a wedding only 2-3 days after surgery.  Good Luck.  

Recovery after Abdominoplasty

I recommend doing the surgery later than april10th (one week before the event at least).
So, If you go to the wedding just three days PO you would be taking unnecessary risks.

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Event after Tummy Tuck

If you were my patient, I would tell you to either postpone your surgery or plan to miss the wedding. It is highly unlikely that after 2-3 days you would be up for going anywhere.  Even in best case scenarios, you should be resting and allowing your body to heal for the first week without worry of social commitments.  You will likely have surgical drains in place that would make it difficult to wear anything suitable as well. 
As far as the C-section scars, make sure to ask your surgeon before the operation!

Larry Pollack, MD

Recovery after TT

Don't go. You need to rest at least 1 week in a reclining chair or bed.
You may have complications if you don't.

Tummy Tuck Recovery

I am sorry to tell you, but it would be very unlikely for you to recover that fast. Three days after tummy tuck most patients can only walk 150-200ft before needing to rest. They will surely remove the c-section scar during the procedure. You will still be awake when your surgeon is marking the incision location, be sure to ask him/her at the time. Best of luck!

Tummy Tuck

It is my pleasure to answer your question. I don't recommend you to go to your brother's wedding with 3 days of post op. Usually in the Tummy Tuck the c-section scar is removed.

Aramis Vega, MD

You may be able to attend but you will be very sore and swollen and will definitely not enjoy getting dressed up to attend a wedding with drains in place 3 days after your surgery. Best advice I can give you is to postpone your procedure until after the wedding if you do want to attend. Usually, the c-section scar is removed, along with all the excess skin/fat on your abdomen during a TT. You may still have itching even after the TT. Good luck!