Will they eventually round out at the bottom to look more like natural breast or should I try a different implant? (photo)

I'm 10 days post op and I feel like they're still to high. I was a 36B before and my surgeon and I agreed upon 450cc/410cc moderate profile allergen implants placed submuscular. They're Almost like footballs cut in quarters and put in my chest. Will they eventually round out at the bottom to look more like natural breast or should I try a different implant?

Drop & Fluff

At ten days post op, we expect the implants to sit high. The drop and fluff process takes between 2-6 months. I recommend you let your Plastic Surgeon know if you still have not seen improvement in a few months
All the best

With nipple asymmetry you may benefit from a lift

Hello!Since it's very early after surgery, I recommend waiting at least 6 months to allow the implants to settle and your tissues to heal.  I assume your implants were placed under your chest muscle since this early post-op appearance is common with this technique.  Over the course of months the implants will descend and give more fullness to the bottoms of your breasts, although you will lose the fullness in the upper breast area. However, I should point out that in your pre-op photo your nipples are low and asymmetric; in your post-op photos, your left nipple is lower than your right.  Even after your implants have descended, you may want to undergo a lift procedure improve your nipple asymmetry and low position. In this case, you may benefit from a "vertical technique" breast lift - this will elevate your nipples to the center of your breasts, give you better symmetry, and restore upper breast fullness as the implants will move back up. This procedure involves a lollipop shaped scar around the areola and down the center of the bottom of the breasts.  If you prefer not to have a breast lift, then I'd recommend implant massage to encourage the implants to move downward (you should stop massage when the implants have descended to the optimal position). Without a lift, you will lose the upper breast fullness (which you may not mind), and your nipple asymmetry and position will not change. If you're comfortable with those trade-offs, then patience is your best ally.All my best,- Dr. Rad

Ariel N. Rad, MD, PhD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Will they eventually round out at the bottom to look more like natural breast or should I try a different implant?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance. Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery and massaging the implants downward may assist in the dropping of the implants after surgery (for those patients who want to help with the settling of the implants). The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized.  Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.  As breast implants "settle", they tend to round out the lower breast poles. As this occurs, the nipple/areola complexes seem higher on each breast mound. Again, best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Give it time

You are still very early in the recovery process and it is very normal for breasts to be high and tight this soon after surgery, especially if you had very small breasts to begin with. You just recently had surgery and it is still too soon to see any noticeable results. The skin needs time to stretch to accommodate the new implants and settle into place. Most implants "drop" within 2-3 months following surgery but everyone is different and some people can take up to a year before the implants settle into their permanent position. The bottom should fill up more after they drop. Give it time and be patient and the shape and size will improve over time. Check with your surgeon to determine their recommendations.

Breast augmentation shape

Thank you for the question and photos.  It appears that you have some amount of breast ptosis prior to surgery.  Breast ptosis is "drooping" of the breasts so that some of the breast and areola is below the breast fold.  It may be that you were and are a candidate for a breast lift.  If you are trying to avoid a breast lift placement of the implant over the muscle in a subfascial pocket may be a better option.  Since it is early after your breast augmentation it may be that with more time and healing your implants will drop down into a lower pocket position and round out the bottom of your breasts.All the best,Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

How long should I wait to see the results of breast augmentation?

Thank you for your question and photos.  At ten days it is very early to be making final judgements regarding your results.  It can take three to six months to have a "final" result.  In the first few days to weeks it is normal to be firm and appear high on the chest.  As the tissues get acclimated to the implants the tissue will relax and the implants descend.  Be patient and stay in contact with your surgeon.  Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon