Will they eventually round out at the bottom to look more like natural breast or should I try a different implant? (photo)

I started at a 36 B before implants. My surgeon and I agreed that we would do submuscular moderate profile silicone implants at 450cc and 410cc. I'm 10 days post op and I feel like they're still to high. Almost like footballs cut in quarters and put in my chest. Will they eventually round out at the bottom to look more like natural breast or should I try a different implant?

Will they eventually round out at the bottom to look more like natural breast or should I try a different implant?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure.  Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, advice, predictions, and/or meaningful reassurance.

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other. ***As breast implants "settle", they tend to round out the lower breast poles. As this occurs, the nipple/areola complexes seem higher on each breast mound.  Also, in my opinion, the "drop and fluff” phenomenon does hold some validity; as breast implants “settle”, many patients feel that their breasts actually look larger. 

Although online consultants cannot predict whether or not you will be pleased with the long-term outlook, of the procedure performed, it is safe to predict that the breasts will change. Best to follow your plastic surgeon for more specifics. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

Give it time.

You are still very early in the recovery process and it is very normal for breasts to be high and tight this soon after surgery, especially if you had very small breasts to begin with. You just recently had surgery and it is still too soon to see any noticeable results. The skin needs time to stretch to accommodate the new implants and settle into place. Most implants "drop" within 2-3 months following surgery but everyone is different and some people can take up to a year before the implants settle into their permanent position. The bottom should fill up more after they drop. Give it time and be patient and the shape and size will improve over time. Check with your surgeon to determine their recommendations