Breast Lift types without Augmentation? (Photos)

I am really not wanting implants if at all possible. I am not very dissatisfied with my breasts, but plan to get a tummy tuck. So, I think once the tummy tuck is done, my breasts will look saggier in comparison. I would be happy with just as much lift (or more lift if minimal scarring) as in the last pic where I've pinched my skin up. I still want to look very natural. What are your thoughts? Thanks!

Breast Lift without Implants

In my office, I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Some additions to the lift can be done for shape and fullness of the raised breast and areola. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

Your best bet is to consult with your surgeon over both of your procedures at the same time to ensure which should be done first, or if both can be done at the same time. There is always the option of Natural or California breast lift where a small amount of fat can be placed in the breast, possibly from your tummy tuck. Just discuss all options with your doctor. Best of luck to you!

Lift is possible

A shorter scar lift "lollipop" may be all you need to improve the laxity. This may be done at the same time if your doctor agrees to it. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift types without Augmentation?

You appear to be a good candidate for mastopexy ( full breast lift). Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Lift will make your base diameter appear more narrow

Above.  Therefore, I would recommend placing at least a small implant.  This will round out your overall breast shape.  The implant used could be low profile.  

Ethan Philpott, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Dermal mastopexy

You will achieve excellent outcome by dermal mastopexy. It does require incision around areola that extends down to crease and incision in breast crease. Results are beautiful.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast lift-Mastopexy

Based on the photos submitted and if you are happy with the size of your breast then a peri-areolar or short scar mastopexy can be a great option for you. Certainly a proper assessment with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon is important to properly examine your breast volume and skin laxity. Your physician can certainly discuss all possible options to give you the look you desire. Hope this helps. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

What you are demonstrating by pinching your areola can be achieved with a peri-areolar mastopexy, commonly known as the "donut lift".  However, you have very little breast tissue and the lift will only move your nipple/areola complex up.  It will not make your breasts any firmer.  Some fat transfer to the breasts, using the fat from your abdominoplasty, may be an option to consider.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Breast lift without implants

If you are happy with the size of your breasts , you are a great candidate to get a lollipop breast lift only. This will look very natural and the scar heals well over time.Good luck !

Shwetambara Parakh, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you would benefit most from full breast lift with an augmentation.  Although you do not "have" to have an augmentation, it would give your breasts an improved shape and volume.  Please be evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.

Breast Lift types without Augmentation

I think for a good amount of re-positioning of the breast mound that a lollipop type incision will likely yield the best option.

Julio Garcia, MD