Will my breast look deformed if I go from over the muscle to under the muscle

I have had saline implants for 15 years, over the muscle. I am wanting to do an exchange for silicone implants under the muscle, because my left breast is either leaking or has misplased. However since I've had them so long will that cause my breast to look deformed? I have been told its best to "go under the muscle"as far as mamograms go, but if its going to make me look deformed or my natural breast saggy, I would rather go over the muscle again for appearance and money sake.

Over the Muscle to Under the Muscle for Breast Augmentation

Many women change from saline to silicone and from over to unders with no problem. However, a lot will be dependent on the experience of your surgeon, be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and ask if he or she has done many of these, and ask to see before and after pictures. Good luck.

Under muscle

Many women do very well with implants placed under the muscle. I would suggest meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns and your options.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. Results (of conversion from sub glandular to sub muscular  breast augmentation revision) does depend, to some degree, on the surgeon's experience. Therefore, best to make sure that your plastic surgeon can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery. 
Sometimes, patients undergoing conversion of breast implant positioning from the sub glandular to the sub muscular space benefit from additional maneuvers such as breast lifting (depending on the position of the breast skin envelope in relation to the position of the sub muscular breast implants) and/or the use of acellular dermal matrix for lower pole support. Closing off the existing breast implant pocket is a technique utilized to help prevent the breast implant from moving back into its previous space.
Patients undergoing this type of revisionary breast surgery should expect to experience a new  sensation: "flexion or animation deformity" ( movement of the breast implants when their pectorals major muscle flexes).
I hope this, and the attached link demonstrating many examples of revisionary breast surgery cases, helps. Best wishes.