5 weeks since I had Liposuction on my inner thighs and am still having significant pain, will heat alleviate the pain?

Very concerned. My inner thighs are very hard and swollen. Will applying heat to the area help alleviate the pain. I am taking over the counter ibuprofen, 600mg, every 4 hours with little relief.

Pain five weeks after liposuction

Thank you for asking about your inner thigh liposuction.

• With pain and swelling, one has to be concerned about an infection.
  • Please go in to see your plastic surgeon.
  • Heat is to advised - I have seen it lead to severe infection after surgery.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Pain isnt normal but swelling and hardness  can be and massage, RF treatments can help.  Please speak to your physician about your concerns.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Pain after liposuction

Would you describe it is not typical.

I suggest you follow up with your doctor to get an A valuation.

In general I do not recommend patient supply heater after surgery.

Areas that have numbness come and get burn injuries by applying heat.

Please ask your doctor what he or she recommends.

Generally time is the only thing that will cure the inflammation and pain.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Early post op lipo and heat application

Thank you for your question. In my practice we do not recommend heat pads after lipo. Not common to have significant pain like this after 5 weeks. Please call your surgeon and ask for evaluation .