Had a BA and now I have a gap inbetween my breast.Should I have gotten a larger implant?What could I do to correct this? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation in July 2016. I had 410 submuscular implants. They are not attractive and have a large gap inbetween. They don't have the fullness and roundness I was hoping to achieve. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

Had a BA and now I have a gap inbetween my breast.Should I have gotten a larger implant?What could I do to correct this?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I'm sorry to hear that you're not happy with your surgical results, besides that your breasts looks very natural. They're pretty. If you want to improve them you should get a revision procedure.

Gap between the breasts

If the implants are under the muscle, moving to a larger implant is not going to narrow that gap. The gap appears to be within normal limits for this procedure. Best wishes. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Large gap is there because your implants are sub muscular

What I see in your photos is a normal gap between breasts that exists when implants are under the muscle. Muscle attachments keep implants apart.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breasts

Thank you for your question and picture.  I would need to see your pre-op pictures to see how much space there was before the surgery.  Larger implants will be closer in the middle but also wider on the outside.  Sometimes if there is too big of a gap in the middle, then this can't be fully resolved.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Lack of cleavage after BA?

There are many factors that contribute the the shape and amount of cleavage after a breast augmentation, including your breast shape before surgery, the type and size of implant placed, and the surgical technique used for implant placement.  It is difficult to get a good sense from the photos, but in general I try to get the implants a bit closer together to produce more cleavage when I perform a breast augmentation. Of course, it is difficult to make a fair estimation of your outcome without seeing your preoperative photos.

If you are concerned, contact your surgeon and directly address the issue. If you are dissatisfied with the result, I am sure you will be able to come to an arrangement.

Good luck!

Lack of cleavage after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and provided photo.  Implant placement and positioning have multiple factors to consider with each particular patient.  A pre-op photo would provide some additional insight as to your starting breast shape.  During each initial consultation, I assess each patient's pre-op measurements, breast shape, breast skin tone, and breast volume.  These factors direct my discussion regarding what could be achieved with a breast augmentation.  If a patient has a notably wide sternum, their implant position will be farther apart to ensure the patient does not get symmastia.  In your circumstance, I do agree that massage of the textured implants will limit any significant change to your current breast shape and midline fullness.  With another surgery, your surgeon should be able to modify you implant pocket and implant volume/projection to better achieve your desired breast shape.  I encourage you to discuss these concerns with your surgeon.

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Preop breast spacing?

It's possible that you started with a wide cleavage gap. BUT, if you didn't, then your doctor didn't put the pockets close enough together. In order to change this you would need to have the pockets made bigger in the middle. This would be another surgery. Textured implants are less likely to move as well, so massage wouldn't help in this case.