How soon after breastfeeding can I get a breast augmentation and life?

I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. Open wounds and scars are also very common in this procedure, and also if it happens, you have to get with your plastic surgeon for cleaned and if it's worse , put stitches on it.I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support… 

Breast Augmentation

Everyone takes a different amount of time for your milk to subside and things to dry up.  Typically atleast 3 months ideally 6 months. That way you will be more likely to have a baseline size and get it right. 

Breast augmentation and lift after breast feeding

Thank you for your question.  My advice would be to wait at least four months after breast feeding before considering a surgery.  You need to give your breasts time to settle to their final size and shape following the breast feeding before proceeding with surgery.

Breastfeeding

Thank you for your question.  I tell patients to wait at least four months after breast feeding or any nipple stimulation before getting a breast augmentation.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Augmentation and breast lift - wait at least 6 months after breastfeeding

To know your true post-pregnancy breast size and to be able to choose breast implants that will make you proportional, you need to wait at least six months after you've finished breastfeeding. That's because the breasts go through a lot of changes, the milk disappears and sometimes the breast tissue disappears along with it. This is called postpartum mammary involution. 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question.  I would suggest that you wait three to six months  after you have stopped breast-feeding before proceeding. Also best to be a long-term stable weight prior to elective breast  surgery. Select your plastic surgeon carefully,  learn about the pros/cons/risks/complications associated with the combination surgery, and communicate your goals carefully as well. Best wishes.

How soon can one have a breast augmentation after breast feeding?

In general, you should wait 3-6 months after breast feeding to undergo a breast augmentation.  This time frame is necessary to allow your breasts to return to their normal shape and size without the extra hormonal stimulation of childbirth and breastfeeding.  It is also necessary so that your breasts will stop producing milk.  I would suggest that you consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options.  He or she will also be able to answer your questions and advise you in person.  Good luck!

Anureet K. Bajaj, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Consult with a board certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam 2 months after you finish breastfeeding.  In general, you should be able to have surgery in that time frame.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD