Do I need a Breast lift? (photos)

I am wanting to get a breast augmentation with saline implants and not sure if i need a lift or maybe i could get a dual plane augmentation. Trying to avoid the lift but do not want to be disappointed in my results.

Do I need a Breast lift?

From your photos (and it's more difficult to be accurate without the needed face to face exam), I think you would need an uplift.  Simply adding the volume and weight of implants may help somewhat but will risk making your breasts larger but more saggy.  I would consider a periareolar mastopexy to minimize the area of surgical incisions but you may need a vertical incision as well.  Talk to your board certified surgeon so you have a clear understanding of all of your options and a realistic understanding of the surgical incision lines that you might require.  Regards....

Jon A. Perlman MD, FACS
Certified American Board of Plastic Surgery
ABC TV Extreme Makeover plastic surgeon
Beverly Hills, Ca.

Thank you for the photos and from them without an examination, it would appear that you would benefit from a lift with your augmentation

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Do I need a Breast lift

Although I do not think the lift would need to be a large lift, I do think that a lift would place your nipples into a better and more cosmetic location than a breast implant alone.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast lift with implants for best results

Based on your photos, it appears that you would get the best result with a lift as well as implants so that you regain fullness in the upper pole of your breast as well as overall fullness. Implants alone may cause more sagging for you in the future.

From the photos you presented, it appears you would benefit most from a breast lift with your augmentation.  Avoiding the lift now will most likely require one in the future.  Hope this helps.
Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a Breast lift?

Thank you for your question.  You have mild to moderate pseudoptosis, not true breast ptosis.  This is when you're nipples are in fairly good position but a good portion of your breast tissue is hanging below (illustrated best by your side profile).  For these situations, you can do breast augmentation alone, especially if your implant is large enough.  If you're using a smaller implant and if you want your breasts as tight or perky as can be, a mastopexy can be considered.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Do I need a Breast lift?

Without an exam but based on your photos you should be able to get a very nice look with lift alone using the dual plane implant placement AS LONG AS you will be happy with a very natural look. We see patients all the time with your anatomy who are very pleased with their augmentation. If you want a high and perky look the lift will be required. It is perfectly OK to do the augment  an do a lift at a later time as another option.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Do I need a breast lift?

Dear Adigirl, from your photos, I would agree with my colleagues who feel you would be best served with a breast lift and augmentation rather than an augmentation alone.  There are different breast lift options - donut, lollipop, and anchor.  Once your surgeon has examined you they could give you a good idea as to which one of these option would work best in your case.  Best wishes, Dr. Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Hello, based on your pictures it appears that you will need a lift for optimal appearance. Good luck, remember to visit with at least 2 board certified plastic surgeons who can exam you and give you specific recommendations and opinions.

Do I need a Breast lift?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  If you are trying to achieve the greatest degree of breast enhancement I think you will not obtain a satisfactory result with only implant placement. You have a mild-moderate amount of breast sagging and excess skin to your breasts that will not correct itself with implants alone. A breast lift will be able to correct both of these problems while also placing your nipple and areola into an elevated more youthful position and improving your shape and contour. Hope that this helps.