If I lose weight how will it affect my butt post BBL? (Photos)

I've had weightloss surgery and my weight has been stable at least 6 months. However, I have been working out and gaining muscle and am scared I may lose more fat. One issue is I don't want to lose weight because I want to have enough fat for the Bbl but post bbl and tummy tuck if I still have fat to lose what will happen if I do?

If I lose weight how will it affect my butt post BBL?

This may deflate your buttocks if you lose body fat.  You should always contact your surgeon about instructions with regard to weight loss or dieting prior to or following surgery.  I make myself available to my patients  by email and phone both before and after surgery.

Hello and thank you for your question!

When you gain weight, the fat will also gain - when u lose weight , the fat will also come down with your size. You will always have more volume in the gluteal area if you compare it to the pre-op state with a BBL. You need to understand that some of the fat may decrease, however it will still be there, so it would look bigger than it was before. This is the fat that survives (30% of the injected fat is absorbed by the body and not seen in results).

Please visit a board certified plastic surgeon for further advice and the best, safest results.

Good luck!

Enriquillo Clime Rivera, MD

Weight and a BBL

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Weight loss after BBL

Great question 

I would recommend that you become comfortable with your weight loss, before surgery.   Then, Liposuction with fat transfer can take you to the next level closer to your desired shape and contour.  Then, After you have  reached your desired contour, then address the excess skin with tucks and skin removal.  

If you perform skin excision before you have reached your desired shape and contor, you will have to Re lipo then reexcise the skin later again. 

Wish you well in your surgical planning, procedures and recovery,

James S McAdoo DO FACOS

AOA dual board certified general and plastic / reconstructive surgeon, microsurgery fellowship, BBL specialist

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. Of course, since you have injected fat, losing weight will for sure affect your bbl results.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Weight loss after BBL

Thank you for the question and photos .  In general when we lose or gain weight our fat cells decrease increase in size respectively.   As you lose weight some of the fat in the buttock area will decrease.   It's important to remember that the fat cells will still be there it's just that they have gotten smaller with weight loss .   Significant weight loss should  be accomplished before the Brazilian Buttick lift procedure .

All the best

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD