What procedures would I need for optimal results? Would a BBL work for me or would I need a lower body lift?

After weight loss surgery I've lost about 80 lbs and have about 20-30 more to go. I don't have kids yet but I plan to have some soon. In the meantime I want to have a decent body I can be proud of. I really want a nice round big booty and a small waist but I'm confused as to what procedures I would need. I was thinking a BBL and panniculetomy until after kids and then get a tummy tuck but I've read that having loose skin on the buttocks won't be good for a BBL.

If you provide pictures, this can be readily ascertained and recommendations can be made.  

Without any pictures provided it is impossible to tell what procedure fits you. A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck. When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation. Thank you for your question. 

Rami Ghurani, MD

Best butt augmentation procedure after massive weight loss

It's hard to know exactly what you need without photos, but that being said, when you complete your weight loss journey there is a high likelihood of circumferential skin excess of the trunk. In my experience, BBL by itself tends not to have great results in patients like this, as there is simply too much excess skin to give you the tiny waist you desire.I usually try a staged approach in situations like this. First stage is a lower body lift with buttock augmentation using perforator flaps from the back. Although it doesn't give you the same volume as a BBL, it gives you some volume and projection. For patient's desiring more, the second stage (at least 6 months later) is a BBL.Hope this help! Sam Jejurikar, MD