Oily/Greasy Face After Open Septorhinoplasty?

I am 1 week post op, and have noticed that my face is really oily and shiny and all over disgusting. Before getting my cast removed, I used oil removing pads and have tried patting my face with a washcloth but it still didn't help. I finally got to use my face wash last night but I woke up this morning and it was just as oily as before. I keep using the oil pads but like five minutes later, it starts again so there's no use. I'm wondering what I should use for this and if this is normal.

Oily skin following rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

This is very common after rhinoplasty especially in patients who have acne prone skin or who have oily skin. It can last up to 6 weeks. Initially, use toners on your skin and speak to you surgeon about it.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Oily skin following a rhinoplasty

This is certainly a good question for your plastic surgeon and requires an examination.  In general if your skin is very oily, depending upon your age, you may want to consider using a topical  Vitamin A product such as Retin-A at night.  This will help dry out your skin if used correctly and under the supervision of your plastic surgeon.