I have a gastric neurostimulator implanted to treat gastroparesis. I am wondering if CoolSculpting would be an option?

I have a roll of fat from a c-section in 2004 and love handles from weight gain. I would like to be able to shape my stomach, but because of my gastric neurostimulator, I am unable to do the exercises needed to shape my abdomen region. I cannot undergo anything that uses magnetics or heat. I was wondering if cool sculpting might be an option. Thank you for any help you can offer.

Thank you for your question. I would recommend speaking to your physician to ensure that it is safe and seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. Regards, 

Neurostimulator and coolsculpting

I would recommend you visit an experienced coolsculpting center so the physician can evaluate you and discuss the options best for your case.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS