With tt do most dr use a pain pump & the adhesive spray that helps with clotting and making the things stick (muscle& stomach)?

https://youtu.be/0o_424ckxW0 This is the link from YouTube Dr. Kelly- Miami Plastic Surgery, the video is 1 of the best tummy tuck procedures I have even seen. I think the name is fibrin glue??

With TT do most dr use a pain pump & the adhesive spray that helps with clotting and making the things stick (muscle & stomach)?

Thank you for your question. It is difficult to speak on behalf of most surgeons. There are various methods for pain control and what you have mentioned above is one way of preventing post operative pain. 

Surgeons perform different tummy tucks

The more procedures we perform, the more we adjust our procedures. The goal should always be to maximize our patient's comfort and safety. Some additional steps make sense and some do not. Some improve our results and some are hype. Only you can determine which additional steps make sense to you. Talk to several surgeon and listen carefully.
From my experience, I used to use pain pumps. Then I stopped. Now I use Exparel which is a very long lasting local anesthetic. Since I usually use drains, I realized that I was removing the local anesthetic as soon as it was released. I find that Exparel works better for my patients.
I used to use thrombin spray. I stopped many years ago. Tisseel is a very similar product. There are several very similar variations. In my hands, I felt that it was not worth the the expense.
What else do I use? I nearly always use Prineo. It is a skin closure system that works beautifully in my hands. It is definitely worth the expense.
I typically use Vaser Liposuction. It is the only device that demonstrated skin shrinkage.
There are many details that we introduce to maximize our patient's result. Don't confuse the judgement of a skilled plastic surgeon with their adoption of specific technical details.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Pain pump & adhesive spray with tt

I do use a pain pump. In addition, my patients usually get regional blocks in the abdominal wall by anesthesia just before the procedure. We have seen significant decrease in postop pain using these modalities. I have not had good success with the fibrin glue and actually get better results with progressive tension sutures. That being said, surgeons have different techniques that get good results. Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area and do your homework. Investigate your surgeon and ideally speak with friends who have had similar procedures in the past.

Pain pumps and tissue glue

The use of pumps to infuse a slow drip of a long acting local anesthetic drug like marcaine is an excellent adjunct to use in a tummy tuck surgery. I started using them in my practice about seven years ago and I have seen a world of difference in the amount of postoperative pain patients experience. These pumps are safe, simple and extremely effective.As for the use of tissue glue, most research suggests that it is not very useful. Most surgeons have gone to using progressive tension sutures, otherwise known as  "quilting sutures". These have the added benefit of decreasing the tension on the skin closure as well as helping to prevent seroma or hematoma formation.I hope this helps!Dr. Robert Shenker MD FRCSC 

Pain pumps & tissue glue

Every surgeon is going to have his or her own unique approach. Pain pumps and tissue glue add costs to your surgery and in many surgeon's opinion, aren't worth it. You will have to decide if it's worth it to you. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I have found that these items add additional cost and not necessarily any better results.
Good Luck

Stephen M.Davis, MD, FACS
Green Hills Plastic Surgery

Pain pump and fibrin glue

The practice of plastic surgery is truly an art as well as science. Each plastic surgeon does indeed have a method and protocol that in their hands works the best. I find that pain pumps can be costly. I have found that other pain relieving techniques to be as effective and less costly to the overall cost to the patient. I specifically have found the use of bupivacaine to the mixture of wetting solution during abdominoplasty to be as effective and more cost effective in the long run to the use of Exparel. As far as fibrin glue, again I feel that the cost does not justify the decrease in seroma rates with the use of newer more proven techniques such as progressive tension suturing and scalpel dissection as opposed to completely elevating the flap with the use of electrocautery.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Ravi Somayazula, DO
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Abdominoplasty technique

Plastic surgery is an art. Each surgeon has devised his or her own methods that work best in their hands. I have tried using fibrin sealants and have found that I would need two kits of this product to sufficiently cover the surface area of a tummy tuck where it may help reduce seroma. This adds at least $800 of cost to the procedure, and I didn't feel this was warranted.Seromas after drain removal, at least in my experience are quite rare. Rather than pain pumps, some plastic surgeons including me use a drug called Exparel which can be injected throughout the entire surface area of the tummy tuck and scar and provide the same three days of pain relief that the pain pumps did at a very similar cost. Try to find a plastic surgeon in your area to discuss these options. Good luck. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  Depending on training and practice-based learning, each surgeon will approach their tummy tucks with different techniques to achieve the best results while minimizing risks.  Some may favor pain pumps and adhesive sprays, while others use long-acting medication - Exparel - to achieve long term pain relief, quilting stitches to lower seroma risks, etc.  Best to discuss the specifics of a tummy tuck with your surgeon and their rationale for the techniques they employ.  Hope this helps. 

Tummy tuck

With a tummy tuck there are several things that may be added to the procedure such as using a pain pump or fibrin glue. There are pros and cons to these as well as additional costs and it is best to discuss these with your surgeon before the surgery.

Mark Deutsch, MD