What treatments can I get to help the wrinkles on my face? (photo)

Hello, I'm only 23 years old and I have long wrinkles under my eyes and crows feet.. I'm starting to notice other lines too by my mouth and on my forehead. Wondering if these are normal and what I can do to reverse them. I always look like I'm tired and it bugs me. I do not smoke but I live with parents who do smoke, I've also tried many different moisturizers and undereye creams... hoping to find a solution

Facial evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from botox for the lines around your eyes and a filler such as juverderm around your mouth.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Facial evaluation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

How to Help Wrinkles on My Face at 23? Botox Stops Wrinkles From Worsening

The wrinkles you describe are the “normal” signs of aging, but that doesn't mean you have to live with them. The neuromodulator Botox will quiet the dynamic muscles that are causing your wrinkles, which allows the overlying skin to smooth out. By keeping the muscles from contracting, the wrinkles also cannot be reinforced and worsened, which they otherwise would be. Botox is therefore both palliative and preventive. You should also institute an anti-aging and sun-protection skin regimen to make your skin healthier and more resilient. I hope this helps.

Early Aging at 23? Botox, Resurfacing and Fillers Can Help

Ideally, you should not live with smokers as you will experience adverse health effects from second-hand smoke. This may be one of the reasons you are experiencing signs of early aging. Your forehead wrinkles can be relaxed with Botox. Juvederm or Restylane can fill out your nasolabial folds. You need to institute a more aggressive skin-care regimen, particularly if you continue to live in an environment with smoke. Chemical peels and a high-quality skin-care regimen would be a good start. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to come up with a plan to reverse your early aging and stave off more wrinkles and skin problems.

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Margaret Weiss, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatments for Wrinkles on Face? Botox and Fillers Plus Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. Based on your photo, it appears that you may benefit from a combination of Botox and filler. You can have Botox for the crows feet and the forehead and Juvederm for the nasolabial folds (lines around the mouth). I recommend having a consultation with an expert injector for an evaluation and to determine the best treatment plan for you. Best of Luck!

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox is the right choice for the forehead wrinkles and crow's feet, as these are caused by dynamic muscles that press the skin. Botox will relax the muscles, allowing the skin to smooth out. The under-eye wrinkles may be improved with a hyaluronic-acid filler, such as Restylane, Juvederm or Belotero, and this can be used in your nasolabial folds, too. Because you are beginning to show signs of aging young, I highly recommend you begin other anti-aging measures, such as a high-quality skin-care regimen, emphasizing topical antioxidants and creams like SkinMedica’s HA5 that contain hyaluronic acid, and become vigilant with your sun protection. Finally, some mild laser treatments with non-ablative fractionated ResurFX or intense pulsed light may also stimulate collagen production to minimize wrinkles. Please consult a board-certified dermatologist who can help you with your current problems and devise a plan to prevent future ones so you'll look even better in five years than you do today.

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Mitchel P. Goldman, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Wrinkles on face

Thank you for your question. Botox would be the treatment of choice for the wrinkled area around your eyes when you smile.  Judging by you photograph I feel Juvederm (injectable filler) would also be the proper treatment to rid the lines around your mouth. I would encourage you to start some medical grade skin care as it will improve your skin texture and enhance your features.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon ti discuss these options in more detail. Good luck!

Wrinkles on face

Facial Wrinkle Treatment

Thank you for posting your interesting question with a photo. It appears that your have some fine lines around your eyes that would improve with BOTOX or Dysport injections and you have some deepening of  the Nasolabial folds that can be softened with a filler like Juviderm Ultra Plus. You can improve your skin texture and reduce the hyper pigmented spots with some medical grade skin care products like a Retinol, Glycolic acid cleansers, light chemical peels and sun block.I recommend that you have a consultation with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can examine you in person and make the appropriate recommendations to deliver natural and beautiful results. Best wishes, Dr. Richard Wellington Swift

Facial Wrinkle Treatment

Good skin care is the answer at your age!

Hello! you are so pretty and so young-and everyone has some wrinkles when they smile-- that is why we laugh and talk about how great we all look in " Resting  B!%c# face!  You should start with medical grade skin care. In my opinion, you are a little early for injectable treatments. Good Luck!

Rejuvenation and Maintenance

There are a lot of factors that can contribute to wrinkles and texture changes in the skin.  It is a good idea to start now while you are young so that you can help maintain your skin and keep the wrinkles from worsening over time.  Combination treatments are best; starting from simple facials with microdermabrasions and light peels or lasers (to help resurface the skin and exfoliate dead skin cells), to light Botox treatments that will help wrinkles from worsening over time while smoothing existing fine lines out.  Topicals are also important to maintain moisture, protect from free radicals/sun damage (vitamin C, SPF, etc), as well as to encourage light exfoliation (Retinols).  As for fillers, I would suggest doing little amounts at a time to replace the natural loss of facial volume (fat, muscle, and bone).  This will especially benefit the under eye and corners of the mouth that you have highlighted in your photo.  

Dr. Rivkin

Rejuvenation and Maintenance

Dr. Rivkin

What treatments can I get to help the wrinkles on my face?

Hello

After looking at your pictures, we feel you’d be an excellent candidate for both Botox & Fillers. 

Also, increase your hydration by drinking a lot of water. 

Second-hand smoke can be a factor in your health as well. Try to stay in a smoke-free environment if that is possible & good luck!!

Hello