Any surgeons in Ohio (near Columbus) with a lot of experience fixing lateral displacement?

I've had lateral displacement in one of my breasts since right after surgery in 2014. I have no problems with the other side and am pleased with it. I have 550cc silicone implants. I was a little let down that my surgeon didn't really offer to fix the problem, so I'm looking to go elsewhere for this as well as a TT.

Lateral displacement

Without a photograph, I am just guessing that the breast implant has migrated off the chest wall away from the midline. In my experience, this can be readily repaired by adding a structurally sound piece of either gala flex or  Strattice. This could easily be combined with the tummy tuck. It is certainly okay, at this point, to seek consultation in second opiions from a few other plastic surgeons in your community with expertise in revisional  cosmetic breast surgery. Best of luck.

Lateral capsulorrhaphy

Dear madam,    A front and side view picture would have been helpful. Sorry about your problem and your unhappiness with your surgeon. It sound like you need a lateral capsulorrhaphy procedure (internal bra ). Since you have 550 cc silicone implants, most likely your incision was made in the crease. That approach makes it difficult to perform the capsulorrhaphy procedure and I would recommend a sub areola incision for that purpose, which makes the repair easier and more consistent and long lasting. Obviously, you will have 2 incisions, because your implant will have to be removed and reinserted through a long sub mammary incision ( it's worth it). That is one of the reasons why I prefer saline implants, but that is a whole different subject.      As far as a surgeon in your area , a good start will be in the 'RealSelf' community of doctors, who dedicate themselves to cosmetic surgery. Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeon who operate in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the 'redo breasts augmentation' of the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with nice cleavage, perky, symmetrical and natural looking. Also, check the reviews on 'RealSelf' for ratings and positive experience reports.                                 Best of luck,                                                         Dr Widder  

Any surgeons with a lot of experience fixing lateral displacement?

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced. You are wise in selecting your plastic surgeon carefully; success with revisionary breast surgery is experience dependent in my opinion.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. ***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.   Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  
You may find the attached link, dedicated to this type of revisionary breast surgery helps. Best wishes.

Lateral displacement

There are a number of superb board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  They can discuss issues related to lateral displacement--sometimes these can be fixed with internal sutures and or use of mesh or dermal matrix. Capsular flaps and release of asymmetry contracture bands can also help.  And this is certainly something you can do in conjunction with a TT.

John Y.S. Kim, MD, FACS