In Need of Revision Rhinoplasty Specialist in Southern OH or IN?

I am 38 and had surgeries in 1988 to correct a deviated septum and in 1993 to further straighten and improve my breathing. Both were performed by ENTs so little attention was given to improving the appearance of my nose.

There is limited information available from the past surgeries and for this reason at least one plastic surgeon refused to take me on as a patient.

Doctor Answers 3

Rhinoplasty after Septoplasty

I often see patients who have had airway issues but were referred to me for concurrent aesthetic improvement of the nose. Septoplasty likely involved removal of some if not most of the supporting septal cartilage. It is likely that the surgeon with whom you had consulted felt that you would need this cartilage to adequately improve the appearance of your nose. Cartilage can also be harvested from your ear or your rib, if necessary. There may be other underlying issues that your surgeon had considered before they refused to operate on you. Consult with other qualified surgeons (Steve Perkins, MD in Indiana) and I am sure they will have a solution for you.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Nasal Revision after Septoplasty

Although you've apparently not had any previous cosmetic surgery, it is best to consult with a nasal revision specialist. In Cincinnati, I recommend Devinder Mangat MD. In Indianapolis you can see William Beeson MD or Stephen Perkins MD.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

For revision surgery after 2 prior septoplasties you need a revision specialist

Septoplasty in itself does not usually affect the external part of the nose. However, having had two surgeries can alter the support that remains for your nose. Often we use cartilage from your own septum (or from other parts of the body) to help with most rhinoplasties. So, I suggest you seek out a revision specialist for your surgery since your situation is more delicate than a "virgin" nose.

In Ohio, I suggest Dr. Richard Gentile. For Indiana, Drs. Mark Hamilton, Stephen Perkins or William Beeson

Steven J. Pearlman, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 126 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.