Why do results from TT and muscle repair always look better when performed outside the US?

Results vary according to each patient's anatomy!

Hello! This is an interesting question. I think most US plastic surgeons have excellent results! These results do vary according to each patient and surgeon, but in my practice this is the operation the patients are the  most happy-- because you have done your part and still have the extra skin and stretch marks.... so this is where the plastic surgeon comes in.. we can make it  much better. So be sure to choose a board certified plastic surgeon and do your homework!
Good Luck.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

It's a good question.There are excellent plastic surgeons in, and outside of, the United States. Make sure you find a plastic surgeon who understands your goals. They should be able to show you before and after photos of their work.

It really depends on what specifically you think looks better about the results. The only thing that I can possibly think of is that the average american is heavier than the average person anywhere else, and the closer you are to an ideal body weight before going in for a TT the better you will look when its done. Results are more dependent on the surgeon rather than the country they occur in, so just make sure you use a board-certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

If you truly believe that, then by all means you should go to wherever and get the surgery. Just make sure you have adequate savings to get it redone later if you find you are wrong.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Better tummy tucks outside of US

Hard for me to believe that without seeing it. Anatomy is the same in all countries and there has never has a technique that has been described, that I know of, that is only used those surgeons outside of the US. I'd be more suspicious that the photo has been manipulated rather then the result is actually better. Especially if that photo is used for promotion of the procedure. Just my thoughts. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Many fine surgeons in US

There are many fine surgeons in the US and overseas.  Your PS in the USA should have photos for you to review.
Fine results can occur outside and inside the US.